Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So maybe someone can clear this up for me as I am a brand new owner (today). On page 3-153 in owners manual, it states that to turn OFF the system you press the button and the indicator light will come on.However on page 3-156 it states that to ACTIVATE the system you press the button. Which is correct?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congratulations. You do not mention trim level, options and whether you're talking about Rear or Forward parking. It seems the button is used for both if so equipped. I only have Rear. I see what you mean about the language on 153 versus 156. I have never turned it off. Using Engine Auto off as partially similar example. Light on equals system off. Note that Engine auto off turns itself off when conditions do not merit auto-off. There are conditions where parking sensor over certain speeds will not function either according to that chapter.

I will test in the morning I had been considering turning the system off backing out of my drive way conditions. It is a moderately busy two way 2 stop sign road and there is a bit of chicken that needs to be played with rude people going both directions. That is I have to back out slowly towards the curb to show I want to go or I never will get to. The idea that someone might want to let me in or be kind since there are stop signs in both directions is well a bit foreign... The sensor goes a little berserk and breaks when I do not want to.

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
Some time Hyundai manuals are not the easiest to figure out.
You press the button to turn it off as on page 3-153. What page 3-156
should have said is to reactivate press the button again.
I have this on my Genesis and leave it on all the time. Once you get
used to it, you will like it. Works great when parking
As a side note when did you order your Palisade? I ask because I
ordered my white with beige interior AWD in August.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations. You do not mention trim level, options and whether you're talking about Rear or Forward parking. It seems the button is used for both if so equipped. I only have Rear. I see what you mean about the language on 153 versus 156. I have never turned it off. Using Engine Auto off as partially similar example. Light on equals system off. Note that Engine auto off turns itself off when conditions do not merit auto-off. There are conditions where parking sensor over certain speeds will not function either according to that chapter.

I will test in the morning I had been considering turning the system off backing out of my drive way conditions. It is a moderately busy two way 2 stop sign road and there is a bit of chicken that needs to be played with rude people going both directions. That is I have to back out slowly towards the curb to show I want to go or I never will get to. The idea that someone might want to let me in or be kind since there are stop signs in both directions is well a bit foreign... The sensor goes a little berserk and breaks when I do not want to.
Sorry, I have the Limited trim level with one button and both fwd and rev parking assist systems, hence my confusion. I agree that the usual condition on most vehicles is light on means system off BUT this is still confusing as I have both systems. any more help from you will be greatly appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some time Hyundai manuals are not the easiest to figure out.
You press the button to turn it off as on page 3-153. What page 3-156
should have said is to reactivate press the button again.
I have this on my Genesis and leave it on all the time. Once you get
used to it, you will like it. Works great when parking
As a side note when did you order your Palisade? I ask because I
ordered my white with beige interior AWD in August.
So by your leaving it on, the light stays off , correct? Ok, I ordered my vehicle July 15th and it just came in, so 4 1/2 months.

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
Thanks for the date of order, mine should be coming soon as it was ordered first of August.
Just leave the light off and the parking assist will be on without doing any thing else.
The Palisade will determine which one fwd or rev parking assist to use depending on if the
car is in drive or reverse.
You do not need to activate unless you have first turned it off, once on will stay that way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts