Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

a little disappointed today. Had an appointment with Hyundai dealership and a third party company did the assessment for the wind noise called leak pro. Well, they found a leak and agreed that the wind noise is excessive. But, Hyundai Canada does not have a fix for this at the moment. Too bad, overall a great car but the noise gives me headaches at times. Only way to drown it out is with loud music.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having the same issue, booked service with my dealership. got call from them saying the parts needed to fix issue is in back order. thus i have to wait another couple of days. will update once the fix is done.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with that. Do I take action or will they contact me?
Automakers generally do not contact owners about a TSB (technical service bulletin), unless it is classified as a NHTSA safety recall, or if the manufacturer extends the warranty on that particular defect. Dealers can access all TSB's for your VIN in their computer systems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello friends,

a little disappointed today. Had an appointment with Hyundai dealership and a third party company did the assessment for the wind noise called leak pro. Well, they found a leak and agreed that the wind noise is excessive. But, Hyundai Canada does not have a fix for this at the moment. Too bad, overall a great car but the noise gives me headaches at times. Only way to drown it out is with loud music.
Did they fix ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did they fix ?
Mine has not been fixed. I've had my 2020 Limited for 9 months. My wind noise is noticeable (anything above 65 MPH) when there the heater/AC is off and the radio is off. I tried the fix of putting the foam in the window channels, but it did not seem to help.

During my two regular maintenance visits to the dealership, I was told that there is nothing they can do until they have a fix or guidance from Hyundai.

Seeing as several of the reviews of the 2021 Palisade mentioned wind noise as one of the few negatives, I don't think the issue has been resolved, and after this long, I doubt that there is anything Hyundai will be table to do via a TSB.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The 3/8” foam in the inner window frame cavity pushes the seal tighter against the window.

1/4” foam in the outside window sweep pushes the seal tighter against the window.

3/“ foam rope in the interior window sweep pushes the inner seal a little tighter against the window.

For me, the interior window sweep/channel application is what finally fixed the wind whistle for me. I think it’s not so much the added pressure against the glass, but the sealing of the front and rear edges. The front and rear spots where the window sweep ends against the door frame is where I found there to be small gaps. Once completely sealed my window issues were solved. It took me a couple of tries at both the front and rear edges to get a great seal.

Maybe try readjusting the inner window sweep foam like I had to? The front of this window sweep is the spot Hyundai tried to address by using a small black foam square, but for me this little foam square didn’t close up the visible gap in the seal. I stuffed the foam rope into this gap/hole and that was the final adjustment for me that solved the wind issues completely for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 3/8” foam in the inner window frame cavity pushes the seal tighter against the window.

1/4” foam in the outside window sweep pushes the seal tighter against the window.

3/“ foam rope in the interior window sweep pushes the inner seal a little tighter against the window.

For me, the interior window sweep/channel application is what finally fixed the wind whistle for me. I think it’s not so much the added pressure against the glass, but the sealing of the front and rear edges. The front and rear spots where the window sweep ends against the door frame is where I found there to be small gaps. Once completely sealed my window issues were solved. It took me a couple of tries at both the front and rear edges to get a great seal.

Maybe try readjusting the inner window sweep foam like I had to? The front of this window sweep is the spot Hyundai tried to address by using a small black foam square, but for me this little foam square didn’t close up the visible gap in the seal. I stuffed the foam rope into this gap/hole and that was the final adjustment for me that solved the wind issues completely for me.
ANY Pictures????

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has not been fixed. I've had my 2020 Limited for 9 months. My wind noise is noticeable (anything above 65 MPH) when there the heater/AC is off and the radio is off. I tried the fix of putting the foam in the window channels, but it did not seem to help.

During my two regular maintenance visits to the dealership, I was told that there is nothing they can do until they have a fix or guidance from Hyundai.

Seeing as several of the reviews of the 2021 Palisade mentioned wind noise as one of the few negatives, I don't think the issue has been resolved, and after this long, I doubt that there is anything Hyundai will be table to do via a TSB.
I have a 2021. Hate it!!! It's been to dealer for wind noise five times the past 3 weeks. When I regretfully bought it. Due in again next week. TSB work didn't resolve wind noise front doors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts