Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Palisade Calligraphy 2021 AWD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a comma 3 device and awaiting delivery. Wanted to get some thoughts from current comma users. How long have you been using your device and how has the experience been so far?

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
79 Posts
I recently ordered a comma 3 device and awaiting delivery. Wanted to get some thoughts from current comma users. How long have you been using your device and how has the experience been so far?
I bought a C3 in October and drove cross country with it. The device did probably 95% or more of the driving. 2 drivers drove from west coast to east coast in 34 hours straight, just alternating who slept and who was at the wheel. I’ve been driving a rental due to an accident (not my fault) and hate driving without the Comma. It doesn’t do much in town driving but highways are amazing. Installation is a bit of a pain getting everything tucked into the trim around the cameras but everything eventually fits after some trial and error. Just install the stock software and it should work out of the box. Also it’s a very nice dash cam. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure I could be comfortable in a car driving itself.. and now, worried about meeting you. All the pictures I have seen show it working on oneway multi lane roads. Does it work on a traditional two way single lane road?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not sure I could be comfortable in a car driving itself.. and now, worried about meeting you. All the pictures I have seen show it working on oneway multi lane roads. Does it work on a traditional two way single lane road?
The Comma can detect lanes even when there are no lane markings. Using machine learning it can determine where the car should be in 2 way traffic with or without center lane markings. But ultimately the driver is always responsible for maintaining control. The car can be overpowered if you need to steer against what it’s suggesting or the whole system cancels if you press break or gas. No different than the stock HDA aside from it working on more roads it and not requiring hands on the wheel every 30 seconds to 2 mins.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I bought a C3 in October and drove cross country with it. The device did probably 95% or more of the driving. 2 drivers drove from west coast to east coast in 34 hours straight, just alternating who slept and who was at the wheel. I’ve been driving a rental due to an accident (not my fault) and hate driving without the Comma. It doesn’t do much in town driving but highways are amazing. Installation is a bit of a pain getting everything tucked into the trim around the cameras but everything eventually fits after some trial and error. Just install the stock software and it should work out of the box. Also it’s a very nice dash cam. :)
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you will get back your car soon and continue enjoying comma. Also, thanks for the info now I am excited about my C3. Will update my experience once I install it this week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you will get back your car soon and continue enjoying comma. Also, thanks for the info now I am excited about my C3. Will update my experience once I install it this week.
Thanks. I think it’s going to be ok. All superficial damage and the guys insurance isn’t dickering with me on parts… all new parts. I’m interested to hear about your experience with Comma. There’s a fork by sunnyhaibin that’s good that has his customizations to the software. Best bet, if you’re not already, is to join the official Comma discord and Sunny’s. Just make sure you don’t install forbidden (Unsafe) forks that will get your device banned from the network.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I think it’s going to be ok. All superficial damage and the guys insurance isn’t dickering with me on parts… all new parts. I’m interested to hear about your experience with Comma. There’s a fork by sunnyhaibin that’s good that has his customizations to the software. Best bet, if you’re not already, is to join the official Comma discord and Sunny’s. Just make sure you don’t install forbidden (Unsafe) forks that will get your device banned from the network.
I am already on Comma's discord. I was thinking to install the stock software first and test it out before trying any custom forks. Also, I have heard Sunny's fork disables AEB and FCW. Is that true? If yes, am not sure if I would be comfortable installing that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am already on Comma's discord. I was thinking to install the stock software first and test it out before trying any custom forks. Also, I have heard Sunny's fork disables AEB and FCW. Is that true? If yes, am not sure if I would be comfortable installing that.
Yeah I heard the same but haven’t seen it first hand. I still use the stock system and refuse to use anything that disables stock AEB/FCW. Stock OP works fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I heard the same but haven’t seen it first hand. I still use the stock system and refuse to use anything that disables stock AEB/FCW. Stock OP works fine.
Good to know. Also, do you leave your C3 in the car all the time even in extreme weather? Have you had any hardware related issues so far? Lately, I have heard a lot of hardware issues with comma devices especially C2. Don't want to spend 2k on hardware that won't last long.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good to know. Also, do you leave your C3 in the car all the time even in extreme weather? Have you had any hardware related issues so far? Lately, I have heard a lot of hardware issues with comma devices especially C2. Don't want to spend 2k on hardware that won't last long.
I’ve had no issues. I leave the device in the car unless it’s in a sketchy area then I take it with me. Living in Oregon we have pretty mild weather so I can’t speak to extreme weather conditions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ve had no issues. I leave the device in the car unless it’s in a sketchy area then I take it with me. Living in Oregon we have pretty mild weather so I can’t speak to extreme weather conditions.
Installed C3 today. Were you able to fully tuck the RJ45 cable into the rubber near the door panel? My wiring pops out near the door panel and seems a bit hard to shove it in because of the wire length probably.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Installed C3 today. Were you able to fully tuck the RJ45 cable into the rubber near the door panel? My wiring pops out near the door panel and seems a bit hard to shove it in because of the wire length probably.
Oh yeah. That was a huge pain in the ass. The wire was exactly long enough with zero slack. If I remember correctly I tucked it above the headliner over to the A pillar, and down that rubber flap to the dash. I couldn’t get the gasket to release enough to hide it so I kinda shoved it in that area then ran it over to the obd2 port. It’s really not that visible. Once I have my car back in my possession I’ll confirm. But yeah I’d say just run it how it works and doesn’t look bad. Have you had a chance to drive with it yet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yeah. That was a huge pain in the ass. The wire was exactly long enough with zero slack. If I remember correctly I tucked it above the headliner over to the A pillar, and down that rubber flap to the dash. I couldn’t get the gasket to release enough to hide it so I kinda shoved it in that area then ran it over to the obd2 port. It’s really not that visible. Once I have my car back in my possession I’ll confirm. But yeah I’d say just run it how it works and doesn’t look bad. Have you had a chance to drive with it yet?
I haven't driven it much just a short highway trip and definitely much better than stock. I am planning to take a 800 mile round trip this weekend, will let you know how it goes. Also, I couldn't mount the device perfectly in the center it was a bit right to the center and I thought it might hug a specific side of the lane, but it drove perfectly in the center of the lane which was awesome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried Sunny's fork today. I really liked it gives more flexibility over the stock OP. Also, from a long time I wanted a dedicated LFA button in the Palisade like in the latest Sonata and Santa Fe, with Sunny's fork you could use the Cruise button to do that without engaging ACC and you will have OP LFA activated. The long is still stock so the AEB and FCW are still enabled. I would recommend trying Sunny's fork.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I tried Sunny's fork today. I really liked it gives more flexibility over the stock OP. Also, from a long time I wanted a dedicated LFA button in the Palisade like in the latest Sonata and Santa Fe, with Sunny's fork you could use the Cruise button to do that without engaging ACC and you will have OP LFA activated. The long is still stock so the AEB and FCW are still enabled. I would recommend trying Sunny's fork.
I tried it a while back. I think I switched from it back to stock so I could get the latest release that he hadn’t forked yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tried it a while back. I think I switched from it back to stock so I could get the latest release that he hadn’t forked yet.
He has a fork on the new build now with these features. Dedicated LFA alone is a winner for me and others are nice to have.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Once I get my car back from the body shop I’ll check it out again. Everyone at the shop got Covid and they shut down for a week. /sigh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts