Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a 1300 mile roundtrip in a Palisade Limited and it was the emost comfortable trip I have ever made in a vehicle that I have owned. I am a 6'2" 210 lb man and the leg room and foot room (ability to move your feet side to side when driving) was exceptional. The seats were so well designed that even after reaching my destination after 650 miles of driving I was not stiff or sore. This was a new experience for me as I have driven a lot of long distance miles in a variety of vehicles over the years. With the smart cruise control feature on this SUV is a joy to pilot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's great to hear! I had a 2019 RDX Advance before purchasing my Palisade and took the RDX on a 4000 mile driving trip and it was a very uncomfortable experience

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, in addition, probably with the all those tech such as LKS, Drive Assists...etc surely help you on your journey too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just completed a 1300 mile roundtrip in a Palisade Limited and it was the emost comfortable trip I have ever made in a vehicle that I have owned. I am a 6'2" 210 lb man and the leg room and foot room (ability to move your feet side to side when driving) was exceptional. The seats were so well designed that even after reaching my destination after 650 miles of driving I was not stiff or sore. This was a new experience for me as I have driven a lot of long distance miles in a variety of vehicles over the years. With the smart cruise control feature on this SUV is a joy to pilot.
Will be going on a roadtrip to Yellowstone good to hear I'll actually be able to walk after the trip

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with Sterling!

I purchased my Palisade Limited in Lindon, Utah, drove it to Colorado Springs, then back to California for a total of about 1,500 miles in three days of driving over a week. I've driven the same path in my 2016 KIA Sorento, and this was a much more comfortable drive. I'm 6' tall and about 185 lbs and find the drivers seat very comfortable. Radiowc is right that what really makes it a more relaxed experience is the set of driver assistance features. Instead of spending the whole time fidgeting the wheel back and forth to keep the car centered, I just hold it loosely while the car does most of the work. It's hard to explain how much of a difference that makes on fatigue, but it's huge for me. The drive home from Colorado Springs is over 21 hours. I did it in two back-to-back full days of driving and didn't feel nearly as tired as I would have without the car essentially steering itself and controlling it's speed most of the time.

Good luck Andrewthevet on your upcoming Yellowstone trip. I hope your experience is as good as mine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the technical wizardry as the various features are very useful and intuitive. That said I am a driver. I value the driving experience and the Palisade gave me the best long distance driving experience I have ever had in a car or truck. The Palisade feels very confident on the road, and drives much smaller than the size would suggest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts