Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Palisade 2021, does not have the "wind noise issue" nor the "bad odor", etc,. However, I am noticing in the city, while in heavy traffic, a CO2 smell and pollutants coming inside from somewhere, when recirculating mode is selected and the cooled air is supposed to have been kept circulating inside. Of course, all windows close and seal perfectly.
Does anybody have faced this issue??
Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 Calligraphy
21 Posts
I have a month old 2022 and have been smelling something slightly off like exhaust fumes at times. It's very faint, enough where I question myself and so far no one else has said they smell anything. I don't use the recirculate button, so we don't have that in common. However, it seems to be wearing off or I'm getting used to it.

It's not the same smell of new car assembly lube/grease burning off but this is my first Korean car. If they can make leather smell putrid lord knows what else they can do.

Pretty sure I read a post from someone saying some FaceBook group had posted the same concerns.

What is it with Hyundai and odors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My. case is very clear: exhaust fumes from outside, no less no more. Not so intense but evident. It doesn't come from the car itself but from outside. It is weird., because it is completed sealed from outer environment.
The case of foul odors looks that occurs with some Palisade Calligraphy, (I believe some other trim too) mainly 2020 ones, and it looks that comes from some kind of chemical detected in the headrest. Some guys noticed that when removing them, the bad odor (they say that is onion/garlic-like smell) disappears. I think that Hyundai has acknowledged that issue. Don't remember what they recommended.
In my case, is not bothersome, just very slight, but taking into account that is a just one month car, sometimes worry me. In your case I would understand that some smell might be feel it w/o recirculating selected, since some air would come from outside.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
137 Posts
To me, it sounds like you have a break in or defect in your exhaust system and it is seeping up through the bottom of the vehicle.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The HVAC system lets in some outside air and still has the fresh air escape vent in the left rear quarter. In my carreer, I've see windows blow out due to tightly sealed cars and blocked escape vents. Inability to close the doors is more common.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, that would be the case!...it is very slight...Would you mind to direct me to the chapter where the manual states this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts