Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Clunking sound when braking

8K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Dssguy1 
#1 ·
I have a 2020 Palisade I have owned for a year. Within the past 2 weeks, I have been hearing a clunking, metal tap/pop sound when I brake. It can be loud or soft. It is usually at slower speeds and it’s intermittent. It started after my oil change at the dealership. Any ideas? I wish I could upload the video.

#7 ·
I've had something similar in the past. When braking, even at low speeds, i can feel and hear something clunk forward under the car around my feet. The car has only been to the dealer for recall work, no maintenance. But the noise comes and goes. It will appear for a couple of days, then disappear for months. I have a 2020 SEL.

#16 ·
So I did take it to the dealership at Holler Hyundai in Orlando. The dealership said its a "normal" sound. The sound happens when the caliper is "adjusting" to a smaller brake disk given wear.

I have owned a few cars now. Nothing normal about that sound. Will need to have it inspected elsewhere unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.