Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a clanking noise from the front suspension area when going over bumpy roads. It seems like the suspension is very loose and clanks on the driver's side.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
I would take it to the dealer possible heat shield or a number of other things that could cause it or crawl under and see if anything is loose. This is 1st post on clanking noise .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yesterday while turning right onto another street at slow speed I heard a troubling clunking sound which sounded as if we just ran over a tree branch but the sound was more metallic. I heard it a second time, though to a lessor extent while turning onto my driveway. It reminded me of a similar sound I had from my 2005 Toyota Avalon which turned out to be a broken front right coil spring. I'm bringing the car in for a 7k oil & filter change, tire rotation and to address the wind/whistling noise coming from the front passenger side. I'll have them look for what may have caused the clunking noise.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yesterday while turning right onto another street at slow speed I heard a troubling clunking sound which sounded as if we just ran over a tree branch but the sound was more metallic. I heard it a second time, though to a lessor extent while turning onto my driveway. It reminded me of a similar sound I had from my 2005 Toyota Avalon which turned out to be a broken front right coil spring. I'm bringing the car in for a 7k oil & filter change, tire rotation and to address the wind/whistling noise coming from the front passenger side. I'll have them look for what may have caused the clunking noise.
Keep us updated on the whistle noise. I’m curious to know the fix. I have an appointment Aug 24

·
Banned
673 Posts
My last understanding was that the TSB had been suspended. Not sure you will get much done on the wind noise.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
My last understanding was that the TSB had been suspended. Not sure you will get much done on the wind noise.
There are more recent procedures that involve adjusting the door clearance that people, including myself, have had applied since the tsbs were suspended that were successful. There doesn't appear to be a tsb yet issued for that procedure, but it is being applied.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts