Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Limited Moonlight Cloud for about a month now. I live in Nebraska, so the weather hasn't been very friendly towards getting a car wash, but I finally took mine through Jet Splash today. When I got home and was doing a quick wipe down, I noticed a lot of little brown/orange spots on the chrome trim at the bottom of the door. I had to get back to work, so I didn't have a chance to really work on it, but has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to assume that it's not rust and that I should be able to buff it out, but thought I'd check.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Spray a little car cleaner, son of a gun, armor all, something like that, on to a micro fiber cloth. Should wipe right off.
Don't use a cleaner from the kitchen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've had my Limited Moonlight Cloud for about a month now. I live in Nebraska, so the weather hasn't been very friendly towards getting a car wash, but I finally took mine through Jet Splash today. When I got home and was doing a quick wipe down, I noticed a lot of little brown/orange spots on the chrome trim at the bottom of the door. I had to get back to work, so I didn't have a chance to really work on it, but has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to assume that it's not rust and that I should be able to buff it out, but thought I'd check.
We have the same problem on the "chrome" parts of our Moonlight Cloud AWD Limited here in Minnesota (where roads are salted). After washing our Pali, the "chrome" is hazy with rusty looking little spots and flecks. I haven't tried any special cleaners yet. Interesting that the rest of the car is sparkling clean and the "chrome" looks so bad. Ours is a little over a month old now.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
The best thing you can do is invest in something like Car pro Reload. It is a silica spray sealant 5% SiO 2.
Doesn't cure the weather water spotting but will sure help with the chrome and cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts