Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 1133
I did the lower bumper and rear lettering. Did door handles and front grille is nearly done. Will be wrapping window trim and lower door trim soon. Thinking of doing a carbon fiber wrap on those. Will know more tomorrow. Then rims, tires, and tint to finish it all out. I may do my calipers in red but still undecided on those.
Did you wrap the emblems? I took mine to a wrap company they said they wont do the emblems because it'll peal easy and I took to paint shop they said they'll have to sand first and they weren't going to warranty there work so I was iffy on that

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recommend HyperDip by a company called Dip Your Car. It’s stronger and looks nicer than PlastiDip. It is a satin sheen instead of the matte rubber looking.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It’s the same stuff but didn’t he just add a glossifier to it? You can do that as well. For cost I still think plastidip is just as good. I did mine right after I bought it. It’s been through paint correction, ceramic coating, multiple washes so far and no issues yet. Will there be later on? Maybe but re doing it later is really really easy. Not saying the other ways is not easy but for price at least it worked nicely for me.

·
Registered
723 Posts
It’s the same stuff but didn’t he just add a glossifier to it? You can do that as well. For cost I still think plastidip is just as good. I did mine right after I bought it. It’s been through paint correction, ceramic coating, multiple washes so far and no issues yet. Will there be later on? Maybe but re doing it later is really really easy. Not saying the other ways is not easy but for price at least it worked nicely for me.
I did the emblems on one of my other cars with one of the metallic plastidips about 5 years ago and it still looks as good as new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How are the handles done? I love this car. The only thing that feels / looks cheap to me is the door handles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had mine painted but the covers cover off fairly easily and you could get it wrapped as well. May be cheaper to wrap than paint.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anytime. Thanks...thinking about wrapping the top rails in a 5d gloss carbon fiber wrap just to give it a little something extra. I'm almost bored at home lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m wrapping my door handles this week. Will have full chrome delete done. I will post pics once mine is done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thought I posted my chrome delete on this page but maybe it was on another..guess I'll show it off some more 😂

Almost everything is painted not wrapped. The only wrapped spots are the window trim pieces. The door lower section and a little slot on the back bumper that wraps around a little on side of car by rear reverse lights.

·
Registered
73 Posts
@Vegas3416 one of my favorite Palisades!
Thanks!! I get a lot of people asking me what it is and they always walk to the back of the car to see if there is a badge because there are none on the front or side of car. It’s pretty funny. I planned on taking off badges on rear but not sure now only because I just got it paint corrected and ceramic coated and may just leave it for a bit. All in all I dig this ride. For the price point and what it offers only complaint is city driving mpg sucks for me. Other than that it’s just my OCD on trying to keep it clean and keeping the kids from nicking it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts