Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to finalize between Palisade and 2020 Ford explorer. When compared to price with USA and here Palisade is more expensive.
Ford explorer XLT(with Co-pilot 360 + including AdaptiveCC) is approx 47000 USD.
Ford Explorer LTD ( 360 Camera and B&O Audio added to XLT) is 51700 USD.

Palisade with AdaptiveCC and leather seats is 46500 USD
Palisade with HUD, 360 Camera and Infinity audio without fully digital instrument cluster is 50500 USD.

Honestly I am loving the design and technology of Palisade but ford has better engine and quality of materials including near 30 year experience.
I would love to see some comments which can help me to make the final decision.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I am trying to finalize between Palisade and 2020 Ford explorer. When compared to price with USA and here Palisade is more expensive.
Ford explorer XLT(with Co-pilot 360 + including AdaptiveCC) is approx 47000 USD.
Ford Explorer LTD ( 360 Camera and B&O Audio added to XLT) is 51700 USD.

Palisade with AdaptiveCC and leather seats is 46500 USD
Palisade with HUD, 360 Camera and Infinity audio without fully digital instrument cluster is 50500 USD.

Honestly I am loving the design and technology of Palisade but ford has better engine and quality of materials including near 30 year experience.
I would love to see some comments which can help me to make the final decision.
Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure I agree with the quality of materials. Ford interiors use cheap materials whereas the Hyundai Palisade feels much more premium. One review I read compared the Explorer's interior to a Holiday Inn Express and the Palisade's to the St. Regis hotel (which is much more premium).

Ford has had a lot of issues with the 2020 Explorer launch. While the Palisade has had a few issues as well, the launch of the Explorer was far worse. Just search Google for "2020 explorer launch problems" and you'll see.

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
Here in USA the Ford Explorer with anywhere near the same equipment as the Palisade is about 10000 to 15000 $ more in price and looks much cheaper inside.
Ford has also been known to ship last years left overs to other countries as a new model year

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha I think I am going to take another test drive for both and check on the quality as well.

Is HUD, Premium Audio and 360 Camera worth the 4000 USD upgrade?

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
I went for our limited trim because it gave me much more than that over the fully loaded premium.
extras also included.
  • Dual panel sunroof
  • Premium Nappa leather seating surfaces
  • Heated & ventilated front & second row seats
  • Heated steering wheel *
  • Heads-up display
  • 10.25-in. color touchscreen display with onboard navigation *
  • 12.3-in. digital display instrument cluster
  • 12-speaker Harman Kardon® surround sound with QuantumLogic® and Clari-Fi™
  • Forward & reverse parking distance warning *
  • Surround view monitor
Side view puddle lights
There were other little things I also liked, The Grill I like and the fender trim is body color.
I wanted the HUD, Nappa leather and ventilated first and second row seats as we live in Arizona,
surround view , Digital dash made the difference for me and the upgraded sound system is
just great compared to the other sound system
Do you get those extras in UAE?

* 's are on top SEL trim

·
Registered
723 Posts
I went for our limited trim because it gave me much more than that over the fully loaded premium.
extras also included.
  • Dual panel sunroof
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Heads-up display
  • 10.25-in. color touchscreen display with onboard navigation
  • Forward & reverse parking distance warning
  • Surround view monitor
There were other little things I also liked, The Grill I like and the fender trim is body color.
I wanted the HUD, Nappa leather and ventilated first and second row seats as we live in Arizona,
surround view , Digital dash made the difference for me and the upgraded sound system is
My SEL has a heated steering wheel, the 10.25-in display with nav and the forward and reverse parking distance warning

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
extras also included.
  • Dual panel sunroof
  • Heated steering wheel *
  • Heads-up display
  • 10.25-in. color touchscreen display with onboard navigation *
  • Forward & reverse parking distance warning *
  • Surround view monitor
Side view puddle lights
Do you get those extras in UAE?

* 's are on top SEL trim
I believe I was talking top SEL Trim. The equivalent to Limited is approx 52 000 USD. It will give 12.3 Inch Digital inst cluster and Nappa seats added to top SEL.
I will visit the dealer shortly to compare the trims again. It isn't as competitive as US here.

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
I couldn't be happier that I spent the extra money and got the limited.
It may be you don't care about the extra features, many people don't want them.
If there are features you want not on the SEL with all options, by all means get the Limited
If the extra options are something you are not interested in go for the SEL loaded it will
save you extra money, As saxman242 did.
One of the things on my list of must haves when we were shopping was a HUD, so I got the limited. My wife wanted those ventilated first and second row seats. We both dropped our interest in VW, Acura, and several others because they didn't have what we wanted.
Try setting down and list the things which are a must have, then a list of would be nice to have. When you go back to dealership check which trim has what you want. No need to spend extra money if the SEL trim has everything you want.
Don't know if it works where you live but here in USA I really like the new HDA, makes our trips so much easier.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If the extra options are something you are not interested in go for the SEL loaded it will
save you extra money, As saxman242 did.
There's also a cost/benefit analysis to be done here. At least when I got mine, even though the delta in MSRP was ~$4k, because everyone was marking up Limiteds and not dealing at all, it was going to cost me an extra $6-8k. Didn't make sense to me at the time. At least in the states, that has relaxed a little bit, but it's still easier to get a better deal on an SEL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts