Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited, Maroon w/ light grey interior
It can protect from small things that might fly up into your paint. Of course, it also depends on what would be potentially causing the dent. It is certainly not bulletproof but if you are talking about wear and tear on the paint from daily driving, highway driving, and road trips then it is definitely worth it. It is a far cry from Turtle Wax. Conversely, there are more and more DIY ceramics becoming more affordable and easier to apply. I may look at doing that down the road, but I will leave it to the professionals for the first go round.

Initially, I found a high end detailer. I pulled into the lot and there was an Audi R8 in the lot, a brand new BMW X7 and Lambo getting worked on inside. They keep your vehicle for 7 to 10 days depending on what you get. I priced getting Paint Protection Film and Ceramic. The total would have been about $4K. The ceramic was rated for 3 to 5 years and would go on top of the PPF. As I said, it varies and there are a lot of options available.
Also, I forgot to mention, wash, paint correction, clay bar, detail in and out, and polish were all included... in case anyone was wondering. 馃槀

Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
Also, I forgot to mention, wash, paint correction, clay bar, detail in and out, and polish were all included... in case anyone was wondering. 馃槀
Honestly though sounds expensive for only 2 years. My local place does 4 year guarantee and it's close to what you quoted.

Also for daily driving, ceramic coating definitely has it's benefits however it might only protect against simple scratches but will not prevent rock chips. This is why I chose to put the clear protector film on the front instead.

Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited, Maroon w/ light grey interior
Honestly though sounds expensive for only 2 years. My local place does 4 year guarantee and it's close to what you quoted.

Also for daily driving, ceramic coating definitely has it's benefits however it might only protect against simple scratches but will not prevent rock chips. This is why I chose to put the clear protector film on the front instead.
Are you saying the quote for the high end place sounds expensive? That ceramic is for 3 to 5 years. The other place I am considering (took my 2016 Sonata there and got it done, but not the 2 year coating) quoted me at about $1200 for the 2 year coating.

Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
Are you saying the quote for the high end place sounds expensive? That ceramic is for 3 to 5 years. The other place I am considering (took my 2016 Sonata there and got it done, but not the 2 year coating) quoted me at about $1200 for the 2 year coating.
The $1200 for only 2 years sounds pricey. But if that includes paint correction, etc. then maybe it's in the ballpark. My place quoted me 4 year guarantee...but we all know a guarantee on the box is just a guaranteed piece of crap.

Registered
2021 Limited AWD, Rainforest/Black
The $1200 for only 2 years sounds pricey. But if that includes paint correction, etc. then maybe it's in the ballpark. My place quoted me 4 year guarantee...but we all know a guarantee on the box is just a guaranteed piece of crap.
One of my favorite lines from Tommy Boy

Side note - Has anyone here done a full ceramic coat combined with PPF on the front? Curious on the price quoted/charged if you're willing to share.

Registered
Side note - Has anyone here done a full ceramic coat combined with PPF on the front? Curious on the price quoted/charged if you're willing to share.
A professional installer in my area uses Xpel Ultimate Plus for the PPF (best self healing film on the market) and the Ceramic coating he uses is Opti-Coat Pro (only sold to professional installers / not available via retail) which is a coating that bonds permanently to the clear coat on your Palisade. I was told that if the Ceramic coating ever comes off, they will replace for free. He said in 10 years, he has never had to replace a Ceramic coating. To do the entire front end of the Palisade with Xpel to protect from scratches, and then Ceramic coat the rest of the Palisade, I was quoted $3,200. Xpel protects from rock chips & the ceramic coating creates the high sheen. I was told that much of the work on the professional level is in the prep before the products are applied, which greatly affects the quality of the finished product.

Registered
2021 Limited AWD, Rainforest/Black
A professional installer in my area uses Xpel Ultimate Plus for the PPF (best self healing film on the market) and the Ceramic coating he uses is Opti-Coat Pro (only sold to professional installers / not available via retail) which is a coating that bonds permanently to the clear coat on your Palisade. I was told that if the Ceramic coating ever comes off, they will replace for free. He said in 10 years, he has never had to replace a Ceramic coating. To do the entire front end of the Palisade with Xpel to protect from scratches, and then Ceramic coat the rest of the Palisade, I was quoted $3,200. Xpel protects from rock chips & the ceramic coating creates the high sheen. I was told that much of the work on the professional level is in the prep before the products are applied, which greatly affects the quality of the finished product.
Thanks for this. This is about in line with what I've been quoted so far.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts