Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the palisade ceramic coated. Turned out amazing

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I need to get mine done. Just got to find someone around me that can do it. Need a really really good detail first.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice looking Palisade.

As someone who has always hand washed and waxed my vehicles, I learned about ceramic coating when I bought my Palisade. After reading about it, and step-by-step guides and videos of the application process, I decided to do it myself. Took a couple days for prep and application, and I also did a clay bar treatment (new Palisade didn't really need clay bar). Cost me maybe $200 in supplies, plus my time, but it turned out great. The ceramic bottle was enough to coat 3 of my vehicles, so that's under $70/vehicle. Loving the ceramic coat, it's amazing how easy it is to clean the vehicles and they just look cleaner, longer.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
123 Posts
first of all where is your chrome and why is your black? I mean around your doors and quarter panel. look at my car
Certain he had everything wrapped. I'm doing the same but will also do the door handles, lower valance and upper roof rails. Bottom line, no chrome for me. Rather have the White on Black look.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had ceramic applied to mine as well. I have never owned a black car and was worried about swirls and so on. I can't believe the shine every time I wash it. I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of keeping their car for a while.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks great. I am getting mine done at the dealership. How can I tell if it was actually done? The current paint coating is very shiny and slick.
Take a before and after shot. You should see a super shiny and reflective surface. It may not stand out quite as much on a white car, but it should be noticeable. When washing the car, the water from the hose will sheet right off the side of the car, actually drying itself with water. Horizontal surfaces will likely bead the water up, but it some areas, it may just run away. If you use a leaf blower to dry the car, the water will slip right off the surface, with a good quality drying towel, you should be able to dry the rest of the car with single towel like the one from the Rag Company called the Twistress! ( https://www.amazon.com/RAG-COMPANY-...icrofiber+Drying+Towels&qid=1607545579&sr=8-1)

To maintain the super shine, I recommend using a drying agent like "Bead it Up" from 3D. One little spray per panel when used in conjunction with the drying towel, produces truly amazing results. ( https://www.amazon.com/3D-Hydrophob...=1607545648&sprefix=bead+it+up,aps,213&sr=8-1) .

Enjoy the shine!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited, Maroon w/ light grey interior
25 Posts
Very nice!What does that cost?
As I am learning, there are varying levels of ceramic hardness and durability. Very soon, I am going to get a 2 year ceramic put on my Palisade and Sonata. Should be about $1100 each. Costly, but I have also seen how high the prices for quality ceramic can reach.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited, Maroon w/ light grey interior
25 Posts
Wow, I guess it’s just Turtle Wax for me! BTW, for that price does it protect you from dents?
It can protect from small things that might fly up into your paint. Of course, it also depends on what would be potentially causing the dent. It is certainly not bulletproof but if you are talking about wear and tear on the paint from daily driving, highway driving, and road trips then it is definitely worth it. It is a far cry from Turtle Wax. Conversely, there are more and more DIY ceramics becoming more affordable and easier to apply. I may look at doing that down the road, but I will leave it to the professionals for the first go round.

Initially, I found a high end detailer. I pulled into the lot and there was an Audi R8 in the lot, a brand new BMW X7 and Lambo getting worked on inside. They keep your vehicle for 7 to 10 days depending on what you get. I priced getting Paint Protection Film and Ceramic. The total would have been about $4K. The ceramic was rated for 3 to 5 years and would go on top of the PPF. As I said, it varies and there are a lot of options available.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts