Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah. ALL cars do that. It‘s not just E. Quarter tank/Fuel low etc. are all tilted to keep you filling up. Also some car fuel pumps i believe can be killed by running dry. My Odyssey used have low fuel warning between 4-5 gallons on 21 Gallon tank. Pali does the same around 4. I don’t think I ever ran the Ody down below 2 gallons, my wife on the other hand managed to run out of gas. I was in the hospital and we had pretty new baby and she paid the warning no mind. Best to fill it when its convenient even if only 1/2 or 1/3 left then wait till the end. Im sure the car gets a little better milage for the last 1/4, 1/3 etc. but no solace if you run out or have to make a purposeful pitstop. I basically fill up at costco when im at 1/2 or below unless were going on long trip..

Now a days with outbreak filling up at home with Electrons seems appealing. Course were hardly going out so no real loss. Nobody really makes “real” midside and large 7-8 seater electron fuel cars anyway at the moment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts