Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
One temporary fix was to delete Spotify from your phone is you use is. It literally commandeers Siri and enables the electronic components in the head unit. This works for about 12 hours in my experience. The following day the CarPlay wouldn’t register at all. Disconnected my phone for the 10th time to get it to reconnect. No one can figure this one out.
“If you use it.”
“Disables the electronic components”

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SE AWD
1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
We have a 2021 SEL and keep having trouble with CarPlay. My wife connected her iPhone 8 both wirelessly and with the cable but CarPlay keeps intermittently cutting out. As soon as we click back on the CarPlay icon it fires right back up instantly. Any advice? Thanks
I've been having the same issue. I tried different cables, connecting to different USB ports, updated the iOS, nothing worked until today when I deleted the Waze app from my phone. Boom. Fixed. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having issues with iPhone 11 since the first day I got the car… apple don’t have an answer, but at least tried to do something Hyundai on other end don’t even respond the questions. When I start to have this issue i was on 14.2 and know on 14.6 and looks like that gets worse on a 20 minutes drive disconnects about 8 times. I really ask is if I don’t pay attention on the traffic to click to connect again while I’m driving… Hyundai and apple will take care of the consequences? Apple car play is a feature and they sell telling that works what is not true… I swear if I could I returned the car. This is how annoyed I’m.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having issues with iPhone 11 since the first day I got the car… apple don’t have an answer and but at least tried to do something Hyundai on other and don’t even respond the questions. When I start to have this issue i was on 14.2 and know on 14.6.1 and looks like that gets worse on a 20 minutes drive disconnects about 8 times. I really ask is if I don’t pay attention on the traffic to click to connect again while I’m driving… Hyundai and apple will take care of the consequences? Apple car play is a feature and they sell telling that works what is not true… I swear if I could I returned the car. B
Do you have Waze or Google Maps installed on your phone? If so try deleting the apps and see if it’s better. For me it was Waze. Also, I hear Hyundai has a software update that can help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have Waze or Google Maps installed on your phone? If so try deleting the apps and see if it’s better. For me it was Waze. Also, I hear Hyundai has a software update that can help.
Thanks I do have Waze and I do have maps, but I’m having the issue even without any third party app (using maps from apple for example). I did Hyundai update and got worse my husband phone that is an android now disconnects as well 😔

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks I do have Waze and I do have maps, but I’m having the issue even without any third party app (using maps from apple for example). I did Hyundai update and got worse my husband phone that is an android now disconnects as well 😔
Apple did replaced my phone 3 times already and Hyundai… just did the update because I requested when I was having the issue and they said that was the phone. But how could be the phone if is not just my device that’s disconnecting still.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been having the same issue most of you have been saying. Hyundai keeps pointing blame at Apple and vice versa. It's all Hyundai. 100%. I've done extensive testing and What I believe the problem is the wifi Broadcasting. Other cars, like Hyundai, broadcast a WLAN signal to connect your iPhone to. This allows you to broadcast your iPhone rather than USB your iPhone in (Which USB iPhone is not available for the 2021 Palisade, only phone projection). How I discovered this was taking a Wireless Access Point from my house, with a long CAT cable, and then extending it to the Palisade while it was on. Everytime, it would disconnect the iPhone, even if the car was sitting there. I tried this with Map (Apple), the main screen with everything, Audible, Spotify and Podcast as what is on the screen, all of them get disconnected as soon as the WAP comes near the car.
Now you might ask what Phones have I tried this with, here is a list:
  • iPhone XR (v 13.x, v14.1, 14.3, 14.4, 14.6)
  • iPhone 12 (v 13.x, v14.1, 14.3, 14.4, 14.6)
  • iPhone 8Plus (v 13.x, v14.1, 14.3, 14.4, 14.6)
I have gone so far as to factory reset all of the phones and update them to the latest version each time, so there can be no caching issue.

I have updated the palisade to the latest version it can be update to: HYUNDAI NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications . This update did not help at all.
I've gone to the dealership and they have said they are not responsible for making sure apple or android connect, and it's not their problem.

At this point we will never get another Hyundai vehicle again. The car itself is great, but this is a absolute deal killer with the "not our problem" response Hyundai has given.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Posted on other boards as well: I have been having the same issue most of you have been saying. Hyundai keeps pointing blame at Apple and vice versa. It's all Hyundai. 100%. I've done extensive testing and What I believe the problem is the wifi Broadcasting. Other cars, like Hyundai, broadcast a WLAN signal to connect your iPhone to. This allows you to broadcast your iPhone rather than USB your iPhone in (Which USB iPhone is not available for the 2021 Palisade, only phone projection). How I discovered this was taking a Wireless Access Point from my house, with a long CAT cable, and then extending it to the Palisade while it was on. Everytime, it would disconnect the iPhone, even if the car was sitting there. I tried this with Map (Apple), the main screen with everything, Audible, Spotify and Podcast as what is on the screen, all of them get disconnected as soon as the WAP comes near the car.
I have gone so far as to factory reset all of the phones and update them to the latest version each time, so there can be no caching issue.

I have updated the palisade to the latest version it can be update to: HYUNDAI NAVIGATION MAP UPDATE > Notifications . This update did not help at all.
I've gone to the dealership and they have said they are not responsible for making sure apple or android connect, and it's not their problem.

At this point we will never get another Hyundai vehicle again. The car itself is great, but this is a absolute deal killer with the "not our problem" response Hyundai has given.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I have been having the same issue most of you have been saying. Hyundai keeps pointing blame at Apple and vice versa. It's all Hyundai. 100%. I've done extensive testing and What I believe the problem is the wifi Broadcasting. Other cars, like Hyundai, broadcast a WLAN signal to connect your iPhone to. This allows you to broadcast your iPhone rather than USB your iPhone in (Which USB iPhone is not available for the 2021 Palisade, only phone projection). How I discovered this was taking a Wireless Access Point from my house, with a long CAT cable, and then extending it to the Palisade while it was on. Everytime, it would disconnect the iPhone, even if the car was sitting there. I tried this with Map (Apple), the main screen with everything, Audible, Spotify and Podcast as what is on the screen, all of them get disconnected as soon as the WAP comes near the car.

What does the iPhone WiFi settings show when this happens? And is there a screen on the Palisade where you can check the WiFi network status (I have the large infotainment system and my car is a 2020 so I can't check)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What does the iPhone WiFi settings show when this happens? And is there a screen on the Palisade where you can check the WiFi network status (I have the large infotainment system and my car is a 2020 so I can't check)?
The iPhone itself always shows that the palisade is connected to both Wifi and Bluetooth when this happens.

The problem using Bluetooth to project and not a cable is the bandwidth Bluetooth is capable of. Generally, Bluetooth 4.0 is only capable of 1-2Mbps (Megabit not Megabyte) because it is more geared towards low energy. This is more than likely why Hyundai chose to go the WiFi route in the cars as phone projection because of the data passing between phone and car (especially when you have robust maps showing, and music playing, a lot of data is passing from the phone to the Car).

One simple solve would be having the 2021 Palisade to have a USB connection to it rather than projection only. I think it's something Hyundai did and not tell the general field because car salespeople, corporate (which I called) and Hyundai Service people at Anaheim Hyundai didn't know that you cannot USB cable into a phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I just called Hyundai today. Because they cannot blame apple anymore, my phone works great on Mazda and Honda, so the issue is with Hyundai. Called today and after I said that they told that’s a known issue and they’re verifying, after having the issue since December and complaining for more them 6 months… is really letting tired and disappointed.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The iPhone itself always shows that the palisade is connected to both Wifi and Bluetooth when this happens.

The problem using Bluetooth to project and not a cable is the bandwidth Bluetooth is capable of. Generally, Bluetooth 4.0 is only capable of 1-2Mbps (Megabit not Megabyte) because it is more geared towards low energy. This is more than likely why Hyundai chose to go the WiFi route in the cars as phone projection because of the data passing between phone and car (especially when you have robust maps showing, and music playing, a lot of data is passing from the phone to the Car).

One simple solve would be having the 2021 Palisade to have a USB connection to it rather than projection only. I think it's something Hyundai did and not tell the general field because car salespeople, corporate (which I called) and Hyundai Service people at Anaheim Hyundai didn't know that you cannot USB cable into a phone.
Wifi is a requirement for wireless CarPlay/Android Auto. This isn’t a decision that Hyundai made. It won’t work without it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
We have a 2021 SEL and keep having trouble with CarPlay. My wife connected her iPhone 8 both wirelessly and with the cable but CarPlay keeps intermittently cutting out. As soon as we click back on the CarPlay icon it fires right back up instantly. Any advice? Thanks
I was able to fix this issue by shutting off Siri and turning back on. This will resolve disconnect issue!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to fix this issue by shutting off Siri and turning back on. This will resolve disconnect issue!
Thanks. I'm going to try this today and I'll report back. I purchased my car 2 weeks ago, and had this disconnect issue during a 2 hour drive. It was maddening! I checked my software for my radio and it was already up to date.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts