Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
We have a 2021 SEL and keep having trouble with CarPlay. My wife connected her iPhone 8 both wirelessly and with the cable but CarPlay keeps intermittently cutting out. As soon as we click back on the CarPlay icon it fires right back up instantly. Any advice? Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
An iPhone 8 is old tech by today’s standards. Have you tired to replicate the issue with a newer iPhone?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've found that with my phone (Android), on the 2020 Palisade, that if I connect the phone to the car before starting it, there's about a 50% chance that it will disconnect sometime during the drive. But if I connect the phone after the car (and infotainment system) is turned on, then I almost never lose connection.

I had the same thing happen on my Murano, and my friend has the same experience with her Kia + iPhone 9.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found that with my phone (Android), on the 2020 Palisade, that if I connect the phone to the car before starting it, there's about a 50% chance that it will disconnect sometime during the
Interesting. How can I temporarily stop it from connecting? Our 2021 connects via blue tooth as soon as the car starts. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Interesting. How can I temporarily stop it from connecting? Our 2021 connects via blue tooth as soon as the car starts. Thanks
On Android, connecting your phone to the vehicle via Bluetooth, and running Android Auto (Android's version of Car Play) are two different things. The Bluetooth connection gives you a standard set of features, such as being able to play music and audio through the car speakers, make calls, etc. But with just Bluetooth, you don't have things like being able to use Google Maps on the car display, accessing the Google Assistant (Android version of Siri). For those, you need to physically (or for some of the 2021 Palisades, wirelessly over WifI) connect your phone, and then start Android Auto from the infotainment system.

I think Car Play is similar. I know you can connect your iPhone to your Palisade's Bluetooth system without using Car Play. That would let you play music and make/receive calls. Your phone just sees your vehicle as a Bluetooth headset.

When I talked about Android Auto disconnecting, I meant the actual Android Auto connection (not Bluetooth). After driving for 15-ish minutes, I would just see the message on my infotainment screen that "Android Auto has disconnected". I would then need to physically unplug and replug in the USB cable, then start AA again from the Palisade.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade AWD SEL Conveince Pkg
20 Posts
Hello all,
We have a 2021 SEL and keep having trouble with CarPlay. My wife connected her iPhone 8 both wirelessly and with the cable but CarPlay keeps intermittently cutting out. As soon as we click back on the CarPlay icon it fires right back up instantly. Any advice? Thanks
I’m new to the group and new owner of a 2021 Palisade SEL. I was having problems with my IPhone 11 disconnecting from CarPlay. I search IPhone CarPlay Waze Disconnect Problem on the internet and found various recommendations on things to try. I finally downloaded the latest IOS update 14.3 and it appears it took care of my disconnect problem for both Waze and Google Map. Apparently the problem started when going from 13.x to 14.1. My IPhone 11 is only a couple of months old and had IOS 14.1 on it. Hopefully that will help some of you out.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade AWD SEL Conveince Pkg
20 Posts
I’m new to the group and new owner of a 2021 Palisade SEL. I was having problems with my IPhone 11 disconnecting from CarPlay. I search IPhone CarPlay Waze Disconnect Problem on the internet and found various recommendations on things to try. I finally downloaded the latest IOS update 14.3 and it appears it took care of my disconnect problem for both Waze and Google Map. Apparently the problem started when going from 13.x to 14.1. My IPhone 11 is only a couple of months old and had IOS 14.1 on it. Hopefully that will help some of you out.
Today I experienced the disconnect problem again. Today my wife was in the car with her S10E on. We shut my IPhone off and it appears the Car Play quit disconnecting. So back to the drawing board to see if a way to solve the disconnect problem without turning off the phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been having problems with CarPlay in n my Hyundai palisade and when I’m using the apps for google maps the CarPlay keeps kicking out saying phone not responding all the time
Apple said there should be a firmware update for this through Hyundai for the radio system
Hyundai says it’s the Apple iOS but I think it’s Hyundai because my phone works with my friends CarPlay and I test drove a couple new cars for my wife and didn’t have this problem in other brands
So my question is when is Hyundai going to fix their problems with this because obviously 🙄 m not the only one having this problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going through the same thing with Phone is not responding. My dealer said I am going through dead spots and that it is also a know concern. I am getting pretty fed up with having to reset all the time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,
Hello- same issue on 2021 SEL using Iphone11. Have had the car for one week. Took it to the dealership and they updated the usb. The fix did not help. I’m also running the same updates software. However, tech’s told me this is a known issue in the non-navigation model. I’m taking this car back to the dealership Monday.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
101 Posts
Hello- same issue on 2021 SEL using Iphone11. Have had the car for one week. Took it to the dealership and they updated the usb. The fix did not help. I’m also running the same updates software. However, tech’s told me this is a known issue in the non-navigation model. I’m taking this car back to the dealership Monday.
Check your software version on your head unit. Is it older than LX2.USA.D2V.002.100.201016?

There is an update that was released last week and has seemed to help out others with similar issues. This page has more info and the download link.

Grab a USB stick and update it if you can.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Think it's pretty funny that we now take our cars in for software problems to be fixed! Will all this be fixed in iCar?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check your software version on your head unit. Is it older than LX2.USA.D2V.002.100.201016?

There is an update that was released last week and has seemed to help out others with similar issues. This page has more info and the download link.

Grab a USB stick and update it if you can.
This is the fix that was applied yesterday. Unfortunately it didn’t resolve my issues. I cannot switch radio modes while driving (FM>CarPlay, etc) and the turn by turn navigation only works sometimes. The error I receive is “This feature currently unavailable” on the screen when I hit the mode button on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
This is the fix that was applied yesterday. Unfortunately it didn’t resolve my issues. I cannot switch radio modes while driving (FM>CarPlay, etc) and the turn by turn navigation only works sometimes. The error I receive is “This feature currently unavailable” on the screen when I hit the mode button on the steering wheel.
If you have navigation, the update from last week is not for your infotainment system. It is for the smaller one without nav.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just checked again. Software is LX2.USA.D2V.002.100.201016

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I have an Elantra and I’m having the same issue with my iPhone 11, they already replaced the phone that’s on warranty it’s with the latest update 14.4.1 and my husband sometimes does have the same issue with his phone android (3 or 4 times) but my disconnects every 5 or 10 minutes it’s horrible. The car is an 2121 and no one knows what’s is causing the issue... Apple or dealer it’s very frustrating... just keep jumping to the dealer and apple. 😩

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,
One temporary fix was to delete Spotify from your phone is you use is. It literally commandeers Siri and enables the electronic components in the head unit. This works for about 12 hours in my experience. The following day the CarPlay wouldn’t register at all. Disconnected my phone for the 10th time to get it to reconnect. No one can figure this one out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts