Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

What wireless system are you currently using?

• Carlinkit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • co-pilot

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Iphone 10X max Which do I need please?

Only those who have bought and used please.

Please provide a link to what you bought and what works.

Thanx in advance,

-=Fred=-

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
203 Posts
I have an Iphone 10X max Which do I need please?

Only those who have bought and used please.

Please provide a link to what you bought and what works.

Thanx in advance,

-=Fred=-
You need the Car2play from China. Get the express shipping and use the loyalty code. It is worth every dime.

i am using it with iPhoneX on the latest iOS, and the latest Hyundai Software and the latest Car2Play firmware. It has worked with know issues on the previous versions too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up buying the carlinkit 2.0 off Amazon paid $129 on prime free returns if it didnt work

Works flawless

Basically I no longer have to plug my iphone into the palisade. it links over the air no plugin

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
203 Posts
I ended up buying the carlinkit 2.0 off Amazon paid $129 on prime free returns if it didnt work

Works flawless

Basically I no longer have to plug my iphone into the palisade. it links over the air no plugin
Amazon was OOS when I went to buy, so I purchased direct from China.
Since they are back in stock I would just buy from Amazon. Just make sure you purchase the correct one. There are 102 versions on Amazon.

Either way, they are the same device.

Whether or not they are some Trojan horse for an epic cybercrime or cyber espionage remains to be seen.:unsure::sneaky:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's what I bought and don't forget to take advantage of the 5% coupon bringing it to $125.97

with free returns and 2 day shipping

Don't know why I didn't get it 4 months ago!

-=Fred=-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I know Hence buying from Amazon. If it didn't work I could have returned it.

Apparemtly just so long as you have wired carplay it will work... I know for a fact on the palisade.

The one I bought said porche mercedes and volvo.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Works flawless

I’m waiting for Carlinkit 2.0 support to get back to me, but just bought it and plugged it in any nothing. Is some screen for searching supposed to come up on the screen from the device? I get nothing and phone projection button says no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto device connected. Only other concern is whether this used to work but not with the latest head unit update. I have the new update with the user profiles and radio-tube style radio. Can u tell me what Hyundai software version you have and what I should be seeing when I initially connect the device?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m waiting for Carlinkit 2.0 support to get back to me, but just bought it and plugged it in any nothing. Is some screen for searching supposed to come up on the screen from the device? I get nothing and phone projection button says no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto device connected. Only other concern is whether this used to work but not with the latest head unit update. I have the new update with the user profiles and radio-tube style radio. Can u tell me what Hyundai software version you have and what I should be seeing when I initially connect the device?
replying to myself on this. Tip from their support worked. Didn’t realize I could plug my phone into the usb-a port on the device. Oddly I only plugged the lightening cable into this (not yet my phone) and immediately got the search screen. Don’t know if the head unit is sending some sort of signal that detects the device or cable type but worked fine after that.

so far so good. Can’t recommend this unit yet to folks without any runtime but seems to connect quickly, play Spotify and show my google maps. Haven’t tried call quality yet but Siri delay is a second or two at best, nothing that detracts from the experience. Only odd thing is the usb-c doesn’t work with my Anker cable. Looks like it is a deep port and just doesn’t connect. My plan is to run the wire through the wire hole that leads to the button area under the center console, and Mount the device on the bottom face of the console. Completely out of the way and still allows me to slide my phone onto the charging pad....but I need a slightly longer cable. Going to buy a 90 degree end cable from Amazon and try that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6 months in and the only complaint I have is with Apple itself. They turned off Amazon and YouTube and now have to be a premium subscriber to get either ...

I did have a malfunction with the carlinkit but found out it was my fault for not updating the software... which in fact was super easy to do and all is working fine again. just open safari and type in 192.168.50.2 and it asks if you want to update. I was appox. 4 updates behind.

Sure is nice to get in and have a wireless connection!

-=Fred=-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts