Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A neighbor loves our 21 Calligraphy and yesterday they found a 22 white/beige Limited HTRAC at a local dealership. The car is new and was swapped from a dealer in Alabama and has 440 miles on it. The car has been driven by the sales manager for the last week hence the higher mileage. The sales manager has offered the car at MSRP waiving the $3K dealer markup because of the mileage he put on the car. I told my neighbor that was a good offer at this point since they are waiving the dealer markup and if there were any issues with the car they would have been found by now since the manager has been driving it for a week. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm a bit confused, how is it a good deal at MSRP when you can get the car from other dealers at MSRP without the mileage? Yes, it might take a bit of time, but there is no need to pay the $3K over MSRP or pay MRSP for what I would believe is considered a demo car with the miles the sales manager put on it. If it's instant gratification, sure, but I don't think its a "good" deal.

Final thought - I was in line to get a 22 this month, I opted out to get a 23. Some nice changes, and it will be a model year newer. Still at MSRP.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
323 Posts
440 miles is not a lot of miles.. Point is if you can buy a car at MSRP with 0 miles, why would you buy the same car with 440 miles. There should be a discount for mileage, not taking off additional fees that other dealers are not charging in the first place.
All the ones in my area tack on $3,000 so.... that would be a good deal to have it waved. If you can find one in your area that doesn't do this, good on them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All the ones in my area tack on $3,000 so.... that would be a good deal to have it waved. If you can find one in your area that doesn't do this, good on them.
That's what people told me in my area as well. I'm in Northern Virginia, and the first Hyundai dealer I went into that was priced $5k over MSRP, told me they "all" were over MSRP. Few phone calls, and I found a dealership at MSRP 20 minutes away (below if you include the $500 deduction for being prior military). It's not hard to find a dealer at MSRP if you spend a few minutes online or make a few phone calls.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
323 Posts
That's what people told me in my area as well. I'm in Northern Virginia, and the first Hyundai dealer I went into that was priced $5k over MSRP, told me they "all" were over MSRP. Few phone calls, and I found a dealership at MSRP 20 minutes away (below if you include the $500 deduction for being prior military). It's not hard to find a dealer at MSRP if you spend a few minutes online or make a few phone calls.
Given that I only have 2 dealers within 2 hours of me, I'll check real quick. Nope. They're both +$3,000. So a deal where a new vehicle has 400 miles but is at MSRP would definitely be nice around here as I already stated. Or I could spend most of a day trying to get a new car 2 1/2 hours away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting that 5
Given that I only have 2 dealers within 2 hours of me, I'll check real quick. Nope. They're both +$3,000. So a deal where a new vehicle has 400 miles but is at MSRP would definitely be nice around here as I already stated. Or I could spend most of a day trying to get a new car 2 1/2 hours away.
I won't bother trying to argue the point. Do what is best for you. However, you may want to consider having a car shipped to you is half of the amount your convenient dealers are charging over MSRP - many other C8 owners have their cars shipped cross country for $1-2k.. Not to mention for most people making a day trip to save $3k is worth it. But each to their own. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
214 Posts
Might have to travel further. It is worth it to save $3000, plus the drive home would be nice.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might have to travel further. It is worth it to save $3000, plus the drive home would be nice.
So is it worth it to save the $3K and put the 400+ miles on it on the way back or just pay the MSRP on a vehicle that already has 400 local miles? Things that make you go hmmm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts