Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang, I've encountered an issue with my car. I first noticed it a few weeks ago when I was at a stoplight, and the idle start/stop feature kicked in. When I took my foot off the gas the car didn't start up. I was stuck. After a few agonizing minutes, and mashing the engine start/stop button, it eventually started up again. I figured I'd keep my eye on it, and would mention it at my next service, but had been disabling the idle start/stop feature whenever I remembered, out of fear of it happening again.

Fast-forward to yesterday, I was leaving a restaurant with my family, hopped in the car, put my foot on the brake, pressed the engine start button and...the car didn't start. The dashboard lit up, but no engine. Pushed it a few more times to toggle between on/accessory mode/off, and eventually it started up. Took maybe 3-4 tries. I got home and turned the car on and off a few times and was able to make it happen once more. Any clue what could be going on? Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that explain the behavior of it not starting when the coming out of idle start/stop mode? In that case the engine starts up when the foot is taken off the brake, and not a press of the button. Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
475 Posts
I would think that the brake switch could also be faulty i would check if you are getting any fault codes without a fault code the dealer will say they can't duplicate the problem the trick is to have it happen at the dealer. I am not expert i fixed jumbo jets for United Airlines just my thoughts on the matter .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update, the dealer replaced my starter, and it's been fine since. I encountered the issue with the idle stop/start feature, the push button start, as well as the remote start, so the starter makes sense I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts