Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't use my car for 2 days, was teaching ny daughter to use the GPS so she could use it. Car was running for about 5 min., engine light went on. I thought maybe because it was running in the garage (garage door open), so we turned the truck off, started it again, was okay for about 2 min. Light went on again, and car shut down! Never started again, just tries to crank. This car has only 4,000 miles on it, we just bought it in October 2019! Had to have it towed to Hyundai dealer, now waiting to hear the bad news! I don't drive it alot, we live in rural PA. Car is garage kept. I drove it a few days last week locally & it sat in the garage over the weekend. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mine does not have the chance to sit still so long at one time. I love driving it daily. However, that being said it sounds like your fuel rails have gotten gummed up. I try very hard to to use only top shelf gasoline in mine as I learned the hard way in another vehicle that the type of gas used makes a big difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use good gas as well, and had NOT fueled up for a few days, car was fine. I'm afraid could I have gotten gas from a station that may have been closed due to CoVid & THEIR gas was bad??? And what would that mean for my car?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Bad gas is a possibility. Unlikely it gummed anything up; takes a long time for fuel to polymerize. If it's a gas issue, more likely that there was water in the tank. If that's the case, they'll likely just drain the tank and refill.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And that's exactly what they just said. They told me I had water in my tank!! I've only been to 2 places for gas, and one I found out was closed a while due to Corona in the store so I'm betting their gas went bad!!! Now its 700.00 just to take everything apart & drain the tank and the lines, then put gas in and PRAY it didn't get far! Thankfully it was only running for like 5 minutes. Then it shut down. Wasn't driven like that. Cannot believe this is happening! I had a 2010 Navigator I NEVER had issues with except the normal and that thing was driven from PA to NY almost every day! Had over 120,000 miles on it and now my niece has it and NO issues still!!!

·
Banned
673 Posts
So many variables here. Ours had a C/E light, 3 of them in fact. One was a bad fuel injector. It happens. Good news is you’re under warranty, they gave you a loaner and ultimately you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So many variables here. Ours had a C/E light, 3 of them in fact. One was a bad fuel injector. It happens. Good news is you’re under warranty, they gave you a loaner and ultimately you have nothing to worry about.
They told me I am NOT COVERED for water in the tank from gas station and no loaner either AND they're even charging me for the gas to test the car after they empty the tank and lines

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They told me I am NOT COVERED for water in the tank from gas station and no loaner either AND they're even charging me for the gas to test the car after they empty the tank and lines
I even bought the extended warranty!!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
They told me that but how do I prove which of the 2 gas stations I used last was responsible?
Long shot, but you could reach out to the gas station to see if there were other complaints. They're likely to be filing a claim against whomever delivered the gas, so they may be forthcoming.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Most reputable gas stations have veeder-root with water detection. Chances are they know they have a water problem. Way more common than you think. We have 34 fuel stations.....it happens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah that’s not a warranty concern, unfortunately. Call the two gas stations. I’m sure you aren’t the only one. Ask the dealer to save you a gas sample. It’ll help if you need to prove it.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
Yeah that’s not a warranty concern, unfortunately. Call the two gas stations. I’m sure you aren’t the only one. Ask the dealer to save you a gas sample. It’ll help if you need to prove it.
reach out with receipts in hand and as mentioned call the station because many other vehicles had to be affected and i doubt they will give you a gas sample.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Bad Gas is a lot easier to run into since Ethanol gas it attracts water and should not be used in snowblowers and lawn equipment where you can at least get non-Ethanol by the quart. No sane for a car though. Sea Foam can really help before and after but it sound like the gas you got was so bad nothing would have helped. Sucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well car is done.. minimum of the damage I guess but still costing me over $700.00. Thank God the car didn't need a transmission or engine. Almost 10 gallons of gas they took out put and it separated like oil & vinegar

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Go after the last gas station, if it was the first station would have happened sooner before last fill up.
Print you credit card statement if you don't have the original receipt

·
Banned
673 Posts
$700 repair bill that I’d send to each fuel station with a letter from you showing the date you filled up. You will most likely get both to send you $700 and then you need to let your conscious guide you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts