Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wish they woud've explained why they think the Palisade "could use an exterior design consult." They don't mention it in their write-up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish they woud've explained why they think the Palisade "could use an exterior design consult." They don't mention it in their write-up.
From what I have read from other reviewers the front end of the Palisade is polarizing issue. It is simply a style issue, either you like it or you don't. Personally I like the distinctive front end. No mistaking the Palisade from the front end as anything else. The other chief complaint that reviewers have mentioned is the tail pipe configuration, the Palisade does not have two separate tail pipes but one combined setup. Again I like the look of this, it looks more high end to me.

·
Super Moderator
1,099 Posts
Most of these reviewers think every SUV should be off road 4 WD body on frame 10-12" clearance squared off body, an interior you can wash out when you fall in the woos because that is the rugged back woods look. Nothing wrong with that when it is what you are in to. Hey my old ford bronco looked about like some of these new SUVs that get great reviews
Get a cross over type suv/cuv and they think it should follow the same look and design.
I don't happen to think a modern CUV has to look like that, why take off points for looking what you are modern.
We drive these vehicles to work ( in an office) taking children to school or shopping, they should be comfortable and able to look like up to date classy people who like a high end ride.
Saying that it is all personnel choices

·
Banned
673 Posts
I think some are reading this review the wrong way. Styling is subjective....if you're here than you've already made that choice. Now look where the Palisade won versus the Telluride knowing that styling is subjective. The Palisade versus the Telluride -

1) Palisade got better gas mileage
2) Palisade was faster/quicker at every milestone, 0-60, 0-100 and was actually faster than all of the CUV's 0-120mph. Not that you would drive it that way, but amazing to me.
3) Palisade has better amenities.

So basically the only way the Telluride won by 2 points was styling. I can live with that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think some are reading this review the wrong way. Styling is subjective....if you're here than you've already made that choice. Now look where the Palisade won versus the Telluride knowing that styling is subjective. The Palisade versus the Telluride -

1) Palisade got better gas mileage
2) Palisade was faster/quicker at every milestone, 0-60, 0-100 and was actually faster than all of the CUV's 0-120mph. Not that you would drive it that way, but amazing to me.
3) Palisade has better amenities.

So basically the only way the Telluride won by 2 points was styling. I can live with that.
Well put, once you get past the subjective stuff the Palisade does offer a bit more than the Telluride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts