Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 21 Limited and being that its only the wife and I we will rarely need the back seats. I really did not like the openness between the Captain chairs going to the cargo area.
Not sure if anyone else try this but I covered it up with a very thick carboard and covered it with black headliner fabric. I then place some Velcro to the metal rear cargo cover and that's it. Light, easy to remove and put on, looks good and some privacy. Less that $15.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why? Because I don’t like the opening between the seats looking into the covered cargo area. Very easy to remove, only attached with Velcro. The rear seat will rarely be used anyway, they will always be in the folded position unless we have a need. It doesn’t touch the Captain chairs so there is no issues.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great idea. and yes, I see a need. I had a 2 liter of soda want to roll out through that spot as I was driving home from grocery store last night when I slowed for a yellow light.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's a great idea, and I'm contemplating the same thing. Could you take a few pictures from the other side, along with a few closeups of the shape and mounting?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those of you who don't use your rear seats often and are interested in this simple mod here are some pictures. I used super thick cardboard (about 26 x 24 inch you can adjust as you see fit) or you can use whatever (thin plywood maybe). Some black headliner from Hobby Lobby, staple it to cardboard. Made about an inch bent at the top of the cardboard so it can grab onto the Velcro strips I put on the metal part of the rear cargo cover. That's it, when you don't need it just pull it off the Velcro. Looks good from the inside and will help items from rolling out of the opening and give
your cargo some cover.

M

·
Registered
2021 Limited AWD
7 Posts
Did something similar. Used canvas and Velcro stitched at the top and bottom corners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did something similar. Used canvas and Velcro stitched at the top and bottom corners. View attachment 2744 View attachment 2745
Looks good, I find this to be a must have for me especially since I hardly ever use the 3rd row seats, big gap where everything is visible and depending what you are carrying things tend to roll out so to me its much more that just aesthetic. Some may ask "why you buy a 3 row SUV for only two, I reply "the same reason people buys a pickup trucks and never pick up anything. Enjoy..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm working on a padded cloth wrapped piece of foam insulation. I'll post pics this weekend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's my panel...I took a sheet of 3/4" foam board and covered it in upholstery batting. I found a fabric that's complimentary to the leather and headliner material and covered the front with that. Then added a grey fabric to cover the trunk area. Staples wouldn't stick, so I used hot melt glue and car interior buttons. It's cold, so the velcro doesn't want to adhere to the crossbar but it's rigid enough to stay in place until I can figure out how to make it stick.

I know it's overkill, but I needed something to do over Christmas break :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks very good, the reason I did not make mine wider is because I wanted to have the hooks behind the captain chairs free and also if I move any captain chair forward I can reach my hand and grab things from the back without opening the rear hatch. Good job..
Since I had some left over material I decided to play around and constructed a storage box to place in-between the captain chairs out of hard cardboard and covered it with the left over cloth i had.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited, Maroon w/ light grey interior
25 Posts
Here's my panel...I took a sheet of 3/4" foam board and covered it in upholstery batting. I found a fabric that's complimentary to the leather and headliner material and covered the front with that. Then added a grey fabric to cover the trunk area. Staples wouldn't stick, so I used hot melt glue and car interior buttons. It's cold, so the velcro doesn't want to adhere to the crossbar but it's rigid enough to stay in place until I can figure out how to make it stick.

I know it's overkill, but I needed something to do over Christmas break :)

View attachment 2771 View attachment 2772 View attachment 2773
Well, I now know what the "extra" hooks on the cargo net are for. I completely missed the hooks further up adjacent to the 3rd row. Thank you!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts