Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hyundai's Canadian website has now posted a 2023 Palisade page with full "build and price" details. The latter allows you to select the colour options for each trim level, but images for display of the interior colour options are not yet available.

A notable inclusion in the Canadian version is the touchscreen HVAC control pictured here.

==
P.S.: Some of the "build and price" links on that page may not yet work properly. Use this one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hyundai's Canadian website has now posted a 2023 Palisade page with full "build and price" details. The latter allows you to select the colour options for each trim level, but images for display of the interior colour options are not yet available.

A notable inclusion in the Canadian version is the touchscreen HVAC control pictured here.

==
P.S.: Some of the "build and price" links on that page may not yet work properly. Use this one.
Thanks for sharing the build & price link!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're welcome. And the PDF brochure download, if wanted, is available here.

Actually, the "build and price" button at the top of their main 2023 Palisade page works okay. But the others located further down the 2023 page take you to the 2022 build and price. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out eventually. It took them only a couple of weeks to catch up (more or less) with the Hyundai USA website.

__
Rats! My dealer has just informed me that delivery of his (my) single Calligraphy stock unit has been delayed by two days -- moved from the 25th to the 27th of this month. Oh well, that's pension day. The bank draft won't leave such a big hole in my CIBC account. :eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts

==
Thanks for sharing.

I can’t say that I’m impressed with the Hyundai Canada’s marketing changes for the 23 MY. They have dropped the Luxury model that I own which provides exactly what I was looking for. This included all the driving assist safety tech with actual leather seating surfaces and the basic non painted wheel arches which for me is a sportier aesthetic that I prefer. Also being non painted is far better for non pavement surfaces such as chip seal or gravel.

If I were to choose a 23MY, I would have to select the Calligraphy. Assuming no dealer markdown due to present demand versus inventory, this would entail approximately $10k more than when I purchased. In my opinion this is nowhere near the value I feel I got.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not really sure why Hyundai has chosen to so differentiate their Canadian and USA product lines. Perhaps some kind of market survey has convinced them that the 2021/22 Calligraphy's mostly cosmetic differences weren't sufficiently compelling. Or maybe it had more to do with materials (e.g. leather) and production cost increases. Whatever the reasons may be, their 2023 trim levels certainly are more widely differentiated, especially in the Canadian "choose one of three" market as the brochure (linked above) makes clear.

With regard to 'bottom line' price changes, it should not be overlooked that their current website pricing statements are based differently than they were previously. See this thread for more on that subject.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You're welcome. And the PDF brochure download, if wanted, is available here.

Actually, the "build and price" button at the top of their main 2023 Palisade page works okay. But the others located further down the 2023 page take you to the 2022 build and price. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out eventually. It took them only a couple of weeks to catch up (more or less) with the Hyundai USA website.

__
Rats! My dealer has just informed me that delivery of his (my) single Calligraphy stock unit has been delayed by two days -- moved from the 25th to the 27th of this month. Oh well, that's pension day. The bank draft won't leave such a big hole in my CIBC account. :eek:
Hey @virtue.richard ,
When did you ordered the 2023 Palisade? I placed a deposit in May, but changed the colour in July. Not sure if changing colour will affect the delivery date.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hey @virtue.richard ,
When did you ordered the 2023 Palisade? I placed a deposit in May, but changed the colour in July. Not sure if changing colour will affect the delivery date.
I didn't actually order my 2023 in advance. The North Bay dealer (the same one from whom I had purchased my 2021) just agreed to sell me his upcoming single stock allocation Calligraphy unit and I accepted his "cash + trade-in" sales offer. The signing date was July 20th. Sierra Burgundy would not have been my first colour choice, but at least it's a refreshing change from my current all black beast. Further details are available in this thread if interested.

I can't speak to your colour change question from my personal experience, but I would expect that any such change to a factory "pre-order" reservation would have some effect on delivery queueing results. In my case, my dealer promised and is faithfully providing weekly ETA updates, currently August 27th. Perhaps you could persuade yours to do likewise.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hyundai Canada fixed the 2023 Palisade page for the Spec option. Still not fully fixed as the Trim and Gallery options are not working as they should. Oddly, they took out BSW completely in the Specs sheet.
Not sure what "Spec" page you were looking at, but if you go to this "build and price" page and then click on the "See all features" link under any of the three 2023 trims, it displays a list that includes "Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist" (BCA) under the Safety Features heading. Apparently, Hyundai Canada's webmasters haven't yet caught up with that change to BSW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another thing I see is that the US version has acoustically laminated windows for front, rear and windshield, but for Canada it’s for front and windshield. I think we are missing the rear windows acoustically laminted.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't see any mention of rear window acoustically laminated glass under the Hyundai Canada website's list of features. However, it is mentioned together with other noise reduction items in the Door Wind Noise Improvement section of the 2023 Palisade Product Guide that was provided earlier this year by Hyundai's Product & Corporate Strategy representatives to its Canadian dealers.

I've been able to post a copy of that PDF guide on my own web server here. See page 44 under NVH Improvements.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't see any mention of rear window acoustically laminated glass under the Hyundai Canada website's list of features. However, it is mentioned together with other noise reduction items in the Door Wind Noise Improvement section of the 2023 Palisade Product Guide that was provided earlier this year by Hyundai's Product & Corporate Strategy representatives to its Canadian dealers.

I've been able to post a copy of that guide on my own web server here. See page 44 under NVH Improvements.
Right, in the USA website(Interior section), it’s specifically mentioned Rear window acoustically laminated, but not shown so in the Canadian website, which made me think we won’t get that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, you may be right, of course. But, if so, Hyundai has misled its Canadian dealers. Frankly, given the website's lag time and other errors and omissions, I think I'd put more faith in what that Hyundai Product & Corporate Strategy guide has to say about it. I do know for sure that my own dealer is relying on it for accurate up-to-date information.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, you may be right, of course. But, if so, Hyundai has misled its Canadian dealers. Frankly, given the website's lag time and other errors and omissions, I think I'd put more faith in what that Hyundai Product & Corporate Strategy guide has to say about it. I do know for sure that my own dealer is relying on it for accurate up-to-date information.
I agree 100% and hope we get the laminated glass on the rear side as well. Fingers crossed 😀

1 - 15 of 15 Posts