Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Canada - Delivery Tracking

161K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  virtue.richard 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone, I am from Canada and have booked my car on Dec 7 2021. My dealership gave me a VIN, but did not share any information around timeline of the delivery. Can someone please share if there is a possibility to track here in Canada? and since I now have been given a VIN does it mean that my vehicle is built and shipped?

#609 ·
I tried throwing it all up on a Spreadsheet to find a common thread but I am having a hard time. Maybe someone wiser than me will see a pattern:

#619 ·
Using this link, I have given editor rights to all so that we can all edit/sort the sheet as a community:

The more data we add should increase the likelihood of finding a pattern here, if there is one to be be found.

#621 ·
I got bad news today that is leading me to cancel my order. Essential for many to know!

We ordered a 2023 Hyundai Palisade - Calligraphy model on April 15th, 2022; the first-day orders could be made. We just got a notice from Hyundai that Hyundai will not build the vehicle until March 2023 - not delivered, but built - meaning delivery a long while after that. I'm not waiting for that, as they will be announcing 2024s in April, likely before 2023 is received. No chance I'm waiting - good luck to those who do!

#625 ·
I got bad news today that is leading me to cancel my order. Essential for many to know!

We ordered a 2023 Hyundai Palisade - Calligraphy model on April 15th, 2022; the first-day orders could be made. We just got a notice from Hyundai that Hyundai will not build the vehicle until March 2023 - not delivered, but built - meaning delivery a long while after that. I'm not waiting for that, as they will be announcing 2024s in April, likely before 2023 is received. No chance I'm waiting - good luck to those who do!
It looks like some dealers are falsely making up dates as to when the pre-order officially started. Based on the posts in this forum, I've seen dealers quoting dates in first week of April to end of April as the "first official pre-order date". You'll find that is factually wrong based on the community experience. I put in my pre-order on March 29th and I know that they had opened in first week of Mach as I had been communicating with my salesperson since January. End of feb is when the order books officially closed. There a period in first week of March when order books for 2022 were closed and 2023 hadn't opened up. But we know that people were able to place a new order as early as March 8th. This is excluding those who were grandfathered from their 2022 order.

#628 ·
On the topic of expanding search criteria, I was thinking of 2023 Kia Telluride (since it would have, for sure, power folding exterior mirrors, and likely a few more desirable class-exclusive features such as Smart power liftgate with Auto-Close function, heatable nozzles, and heated windshield) but I doubt that their waiting period will be better plus their mark-ups are atrocious!

#643 ·
Not seeing a lot of chatter about Urban models here. We ordered in March and also got the email today with a production date of October 2022. I see lots of you are into 2023 but still pretty upset as I thought delivery would be within the next month or so given US deliveries and my dealer telling me they were going some in “soon”…. Will be calling dealer tomorrow to confirm.
For tracking, it’s Urban 7P Steel Graphite

#648 · (Edited)
I think these build dates represent the worse case scenarios. With a combination of interest rate raises, a looming recession and cancelation of orders as some folks give up on theirs , I suspect there'll be plenty of unclaimed Palisades at dealer lots. I am already seeing a few listed at Autotrader at or about MSRP, l think folks like me with Q2 2023 build dates might pick up their car sooner, from an unclaimed one, maybe not the one that was ordered.

#659 ·
It ain't easy finding a 2023 Palisade to buy "off the shelf", but my North Bay dealer was willing to sell me his single Calligraphy stock allocation unit due to arrive August 27th. If any other northern Ontario resident would be interested, a black/black XRT (a.k.a. Urban-7) unit that arrived there two days ago is listed on his web site. I'm quite sure he'd sell that one too.

#663 ·
Last week on 18th I have received the email that as of Aug 15th my Pali is on the move. The very next day on Aug 19th, I am getting a call from the dealer that the car is on their lot. I am picking it up on Friday :)

It is the Calligraphy Moonlight with beige interior.

The only downside is that they don't have the hitch receivers yet. The rumors are that they are not coming until October....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.