Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1090 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
No updates on my Moonlight cloud Calligraphy - As per e-mail from Hyundau Canada it is march 2023. I might simply go ahead and cancel the order and place one early next year for the 2024 one
No definite date when the 2024 orders will be open, I suspect around March, I suppose you can keep calling your dealer early next year. I intend to keep my order, I should know early next year which allows me the option of passing on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That was my suspicion. I saw a couple of different colours of the urban posted by the dealer at $6k-$8k more than the price we agreed to when I pre-ordered, so I thought I was lucky getting such a sensible deal considering all the crazy pricing on them now. Apparently too lucky lol.

What benefit is their to complaining to Hyundai Canada, in your opinion? I feel a bit stuck, don’t really want to give money to a dealer that treated me this way even if they get another one in (shame too, we’ve bought 4 other vehicles from them over the past 15 years) but I know if i go to another dealer I’m in for more money and a long wait.
What dealership are you dealing with? I would start with the sales manager and go from there…

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to hear, this situation really sucks. Not sure if its true, but i am hearing a lot (on forums so not sure how true, and not just with Hyundai cars) that dealers are proactively calling people offering them newer cars in exchange for their leased vehicles, and providing preferential treatment to them as it enables them to make 2 trades (instead of just one). If true, this could explain some of the unexplained "unexpected delays"...

·
Registered
130 Posts
That was my suspicion. I saw a couple of different colours of the urban posted by the dealer at $6k-$8k more than the price we agreed to when I pre-ordered, so I thought I was lucky getting such a sensible deal considering all the crazy pricing on them now. Apparently too lucky lol.

What benefit is their to complaining to Hyundai Canada, in your opinion? I feel a bit stuck, don’t really want to give money to a dealer that treated me this way even if they get another one in (shame too, we’ve bought 4 other vehicles from them over the past 15 years) but I know if i go to another dealer I’m in for more money and a long wait.
Well, for one, you might end up getting a car at a discount if you raise enough stink.

Secondly, you will have informed them that what they did was not right. Maybe the general sales manager doesn't know or the owner doesn't know. I'd talk to the general sales manager or even the general manager and respectfully lodge a complaint.

But first, find out when you're getting your car. It makes no sense to pay $6K more, right? So talk to them first before switching out dealers. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No updates on my Moonlight cloud Calligraphy - As per e-mail from Hyundau Canada it is march 2023. I might simply go ahead and cancel the order and place one early next year for the 2024 one
You might to hold onto your current one for longer instead and see if that gets converted into 2024. You can always place a new order for 2024 in parallel as a hedge

·
Registered
19 Posts
You might to hold onto your current one for longer instead and see if that gets converted into 2024. You can always place a new order for 2024 in parallel as a hedge
Wasnt one of the reasons for the initial delay for 2023 being given was the people who has booked 2022 and never got one, automatically got placed ahead of the line for the 2023? I might be confusing things as its been too long! If they do "roll" you over to next year, it might be a better idea to hold your spot vs cancelling and re-pre-booking.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wasnt one of the reasons for the initial delay for 2023 being given was the people who has booked 2022 and never got one, automatically got placed ahead of the line for the 2023? I might be confusing things as its been too long! If they do "roll" you over to next year, it might be a better idea to hold your spot vs cancelling and re-pre-booking.
Yep exactly, no points for canceling and pre-ordering again. You're back on the line again. If you doubt whether it will rollover, just place a new pre-order for 2024 that you were going to anyways

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds like a sound strategy, exactly what I intend to do. There is no obligation to purchase the 2023 if it comes early 2023, you can walk away from that order and make a fresh one for the 2024. Sale agreements (in Ontario, for example), if you signed one, are good for 90 days only after which they need to be renewed. I signed a sales agreement on 4 August with no mark-ups, I presume it is a dud by now, and the sales agent can jack the price or add whatever they like when "my" order arrives as a new agreement will need to be drawn up. I am hoping they will play nice though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
When did your car built as per the email from Hyundai Canada and was VIN allocated the same time as production?
Per Hyundai Canada email on October 20 (or was it 22nd?) car was yet to built. But the dealer had already provided VIN a few days before that! Now it's scheduled to be delivered to the dealer on Nov 27th. We'll see what Hyundai Canada says tomorrow or whenever that next email update comes in 🙃

·
Registered
31 Posts
Per Hyundai Canada email on October 20 (or was it 22nd?) car was yet to built. But the dealer had already provided VIN a few days before that! Now it's scheduled to be delivered to the dealer on Nov 27th. We'll see what Hyundai Canada says tomorrow or whenever that next email update comes in 🙃
For me the dealer has the VIN, but no delivery ETA in the dealership system and no emails from Hyundai Canada. Wonder if VIN is given after or during the production.

1021 - 1040 of 1090 Posts