Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1090 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for the response. So ideally after how many days after you got the VIN you got the notification from dealer that the car is at the port? For me he said, he don’t have any info other than that the production month is given as September.
Give or take about a month after I got the VIN, the vehicle arrived at the port. It's usually 4-8 weeks from VIN to dealer delivery

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yup, if you got the VIN it means your car has been built already. My last email from Hyundai said that my car is scheduled to be built in November. Despite the fact that a few days ago, dealer had already provided me the VIN. I reached out to him yesterday and he confirmed that my car is now already at the port (assuming it's port of Vancouver). I suspect I'll have the car picked up or about to pickup when next email update from Hyundai goes out (around 20th of the month)
Thanks for the response. So ideally after how many days after you got the VIN you got the notification from dealer that the car is at the port? For me he said, he don’t have any info other than that the production month is given as September.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No idea about queue number. I ordered on May 15th Calligraphy.
LOL...this is so messed up! I ordered early May, i am slotted for a probably March 23 built date.

North America (including my friends in high school) grew up with "never a Hyundai in my life" thinking, and over a LONG time people started getting comfortable with this company. Over the last two years, they seem to be the most out of touch with reality company in terms of deliveries and issues/fixing the issues. Not really helping their brand with such haphazard / clueless operations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yup, if you got the VIN it means your car has been built already. My last email from Hyundai said that my car is scheduled to be built in November. Despite the fact that a few days ago, dealer had already provided me the VIN. I reached out to him yesterday and he confirmed that my car is now already at the port (assuming it's port of Vancouver). I suspect I'll have the car picked up or about to pickup when next email update from Hyundai goes out (around 20th of the month)
I got the VIN a few days ago too, checking with my dealer, hope it's already at the port like yours. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got few more details from the dealer apart from VIN. Basically he gave a copy from their internal system.
it says:
Order date: May 15, 2022
Order allocated date: July 22, 2022
Wholesale date: September 22, 2022
Current storage location: 1146

any idea what these means??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my Pali way back in March (locked great price too compared to what they’re going for new now), got an email with the VIN in August and a phone call from the dealership saying it’d be in shortly. September comes and I give them a call asking about it, “Oh, there’s been a delay in shipping, should be here by the end of September.” No problem.

October rolls in, another couple of phone calls, promised “The person who has access to pre-order inventory isn’t it, they’ll call you back.” No call back. This month the same, even after explaining my frustration. So I get curious and spend $15 on the Alberta VIN lookup and it says it was registered on September 10 in Calgary (where I am).

Am I correct in assuming the dealership sold it out from under me and is now dodging me?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ordered my Pali way back in March (locked great price too compared to what they’re going for new now), got an email with the VIN in August and a phone call from the dealership saying it’d be in shortly. September comes and I give them a call asking about it, “Oh, there’s been a delay in shipping, should be here by the end of September.” No problem.

October rolls in, another couple of phone calls, promised “The person who has access to pre-order inventory isn’t it, they’ll call you back.” No call back. This month the same, even after explaining my frustration. So I get curious and spend $15 on the Alberta VIN lookup and it says it was registered on September 10 in Calgary (where I am).

Am I correct in assuming the dealership sold it out from under me and is now dodging me?
Does that search show the owner as someone who isn’t the dealership, or does it just show a lien? I can’t remember what the VIN searches look like.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Yikes!

If the VIN is attached to someone else with a lien, yeah the vehicle was sold under your nose. Likely the case that your car came in but someone wanted it and paid a premium to the dealer.

Very shady dealership and same thing happened to me with my Ford F-150 Lightning order from a local dealer.

You have two options:
1) Pretend you don't know this and keep calling/harassing them until they come clean.
2) Talk to the owner of the dealership, create a stink, and complain to Hyundai Canada.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yikes!

If the VIN is attached to someone else with a lien, yeah the vehicle was sold under your nose. Likely the case that your car came in but someone wanted it and paid a premium to the dealer.

Very shady dealership and same thing happened to me with my Ford F-150 Lightning order from a local dealer.

You have two options:
1) Pretend you don't know this and keep calling/harassing them until they come clean.
2) Talk to the owner of the dealership, create a stink, and complain to Hyundai Canada.
That was my suspicion. I saw a couple of different colours of the urban posted by the dealer at $6k-$8k more than the price we agreed to when I pre-ordered, so I thought I was lucky getting such a sensible deal considering all the crazy pricing on them now. Apparently too lucky lol.

What benefit is their to complaining to Hyundai Canada, in your opinion? I feel a bit stuck, don’t really want to give money to a dealer that treated me this way even if they get another one in (shame too, we’ve bought 4 other vehicles from them over the past 15 years) but I know if i go to another dealer I’m in for more money and a long wait.

1001 - 1020 of 1090 Posts