Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
801 - 817 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just received a second email from Hyundai:

Last email stated: As of August 15, 2022, your vehicle is expected to be built in February 2023.

Feels like it got delayed a bit, that's a bummer. Anyone else get their emails?
I also received my email this morning.
Dear Sean,

We would like to thank you for your factory order of your new 2023 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Urban Edition AWD 7-Pass.

Exciting news! The production of your vehicle is on track!

As of September 12, 2022, your vehicle is scheduled to be built in December 2022.

Your Order # XXXXXXXXXX
Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Model Year: 2023
Model: Palisade
Trim: 3.8L Urban Edition AWD 7-Pass
Colour: ABYSS BLACK PEAR
VIN number:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My latest email from Hyundai Canada below. In August, the email stated Feb 2023 for the build, now it states Q1 2023, guess that is bad news. I pre-ordered in April 2022, dealership is in Ottawa.

We would like to thank you for your factory order of your new 2023 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass.

As of September 12, 2022, your vehicle is scheduled to be built in 1st Quarter 2023.

Your Order # 1000131356
Name:
Trim: 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass
Colour: ABYSS BLACK PEAR

VIN number:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same here . Also got a message from dealer that I am now number 59 from 62 two weeks ago .

I think the factory are not running at full capacity due to shortage of chips .

"We would like to thank you for your factory order of your new 2023 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass.

As of September 12, 2022, your vehicle is scheduled to be built in October 2022."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been snooping on this forum for a while, so figured I'd finally register and contribute.

We ordered our '23 AWD UC on August 11 and just got an email from Hyundai saying production is expected in Q1 2023. Seems like things may be getting better from what some ppl were saying above.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wishful thinking. 2023 is just around the corner. Nothing will change that fast. Nothing. It'll be same situation or even worse. For it to be a recession like it was in covid - there has to be a new pandemic, but there isn't one. Even covid one is ending. Biden said it already ended yesterday lol. So 2023 will be exactly the same as today, only maybe even longer waiting times and even higher msrps.
On top of it: none of upcoming options will be readily available. Everything that comes in 2023 will be tagged as 2024 model and will be made from unobtainium. As usual dealers will have 12 to 24 months waiting times - so if you'll order something in 2023 September - expect to get it in September 2024 or even after Christmas/New Year going into 2025. Basically expect to wait 2-3 years from now. Even in 2024 it'll be same situation, not much will change. For something to change - we need the world to start moving again, for war to stop, for sanctions removed from Russia in order to get 30% of world oil and 60% of world gas flowing again to Europe and other countries to restart economy. Without it forget about economy. We need ALL factories from chip producers to toilet paper to start working 100% again 24/7. We need for majority of the world to start rolling coal, oil and gas like before. We need industries to start working again and produce resources and parts. Without all of this happening - forget about cheap prices and good supply. And since I personally don't see this happening anytime soon - it's all going to stay same. At least for next 10 years.
There's some truth to your analysis. But nobody has a crystal ball to accurately predict what would happen to the automotive market in 6 months, let alone 12 months. Yes, the parts shortage and supply constraints have crippled the old dealership inventory paradigm, pivoting to customer build-to-order model but this won't go on foreover. Factories are begining, albeit slowly, to get back to inventory capacity, this is not dependent on coal, oil or gas industries picking up the slack. Recent data from Cox Automotive (link below) suggest that new vehicle inventory is, for the first time, slowly picking up month-over-month from pre-pandemic levels (average of 89 days), for example, in the US, for August 2022, it rose to 40 days, from 37 days in July 2022. Even at a pace of 3 days rise every month, we should get to at least 75-80 days inventory by August of 2023, which should swallow up much of the current gap in inventory compared to 2019 levels. So, I prefer to be sunny and optimistic about the trajectory of supply availability in the Fall 2023, not 2024. I also believe the all-new entries Honda Pilot, Subaru Ascent, Ford Explorer, Toyota Grand Highlander, Mazda CX-90 and VW Atlas in 2023 would be more competitive, (these currently have shorter wait times) and would divert interest from Palisade and Telluride both of which currently have some of the highest wait times in the midsize SUV category.

·
Registered
6 Posts
this vehicle carrier from Ulsan docked at Annacis Island on September 15th, hopefully my Palisade was on the boat and is shipped by rail as we speak and will be available for pickup as dealer predicted around October 10th. I see on cargurus some Palisades with higher VIN popping up (guess also in transit).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Days ago, in September 20 I got the Hyundai e-mail:
--------------------------------------------
Dear xxxxxxx,

We would like to thank you for your factory order of your new 2023 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass.

We are happy to confirm your order has been placed with the factory.

As of September 12, 2022, your vehicle is expected to be built in 2nd Quarter 2023.

Your Order # xxxxxxxxxx
Name: xxxxxxxxx
Colour: MOONLIGHT CLOUD
VIN number:

Please note that the ongoing global semi-conductor shortage and supply chain disruptions as a fallout from COVID 19 may impact the timing of vehicle production and arrival to your dealership.

Hyundai Canada will continue to keep you updated with the status of your order at key milestones and as new information arises throughout the process.

Please contact COUNTRY HILLS HYUNDAI at 587-390-1576 if you have any questions regarding your order.

We truly appreciate your patience while your vehicle is being built. It will be worth the wait.

Hyundai Auto Canada
-------------------------------------------
So it seems it'll be longer than what the dealership told me... A very long wait for sure. I've been looking and test-drove a dark blue 2022 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring... The Dealership told me they ordered a 2023 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring in dark Blue and its ETA will be in around 2 months, and for less than the Palisade... I like the Palisade but now I am starting to have second thoughts about it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Days ago, in September 20 I got the Hyundai e-mail:
--------------------------------------------
Dear xxxxxxx,

We are happy to confirm your order has been placed with the factory.

As of September 12, 2022, your vehicle is expected to be built in 2nd Quarter 2023.

Your Order # xxxxxxxxxx
Name: xxxxxxxxx
Colour: MOONLIGHT CLOUD
VIN number:

Please note that the ongoing global semi-conductor shortage and supply chain disruptions as a fallout from COVID 19 may impact the timing of vehicle production and arrival to your dealership.

Hyundai Canada will continue to keep you updated with the status of your order at key milestones and as new information arises throughout the process.

Please contact COUNTRY HILLS HYUNDAI at 587-390-1576 if you have any questions regarding your order.

We truly appreciate your patience while your vehicle is being built. It will be worth the wait.

Hyundai Auto Canada
-------------------------------------------
So it seems it'll be longer than what the dealership told me... A very long wait for sure. I've been looking and test-drove a dark blue 2022 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring... The Dealership told me they ordered a 2023 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring in dark Blue and its ETA will be in around 2 months, and for less than the Palisade... I like the Palisade but now I am starting to have second thoughts about it. Thoughts?
If you're having second thoughts about the Palisade, and can afford to wait beyond 2 months, the all-new 2023 Mazda CX-90 should be launched in Nov 2022 LA International Auto show, with release shortly after or start of 2023. I don't imagine Mazda would command the heavy orders the likes of Palisade so the ETA should be about 2 months just like the CX-9, but the CX-90 will be bigger, more tech, more efficient Turbo in-line 6 hybrid or PHEV, more powerful (think 323 hp, 370 Ib-ft) and very likely for less money than the Palisade (currently the 2023 Palisade Calligraphy is roughly all-in, $7,700 more expensive that the 2022 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring).

801 - 817 of 817 Posts