Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
781 - 800 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Won't the new 2023 models, CX-90, etc, have the same build time issue as the Palisade? In the Ottawa area, the only mid size suv 7 seaters (similar to the Palisade) in stock (and for sale, not demos) are 2022 Durangos, Grand Cherokee Ls, and Explorers. However, you are paying the same Palisade price for old tech or more (+10K) for the Grand Cherokee L. I think we are stuck with long lead times if you want a 2023 mid size suv 7 seater similar to the Palisade.

FYI, I use the the following website to check inventory:

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Won't the new 2023 models, CX-90, etc, have the same build time issue as the Palisade? In the Ottawa area, the only mid size suv 7 seaters (similar to the Palisade) in stock (and for sale, not demos) are 2022 Durangos, Grand Cherokee Ls, and Explorers. However, you are paying the same Palisade price for old tech or more (+10K) for the Grand Cherokee L. I think we are stuck with long lead times if you want a 2023 mid size suv 7 seater similar to the Palisade.

FYI, I use the the following website to check inventory:

Good luck everyone.
I forgot about the Atlas, that is in stock as well in Ottawa. But again, you are paying more (a little more for the Atlas) for old tech. Guess that is the compromise for having something now.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think I am simple going to cancel my order and wait for 2024 model of palisade or look for other 7 seater SUVs.
You might be onto something here. I believe folks like you who able and willing to wait till next year Summer or Fall are in for a treat. The supply-constraints and parts scarcity will have abated, recession will have kicked in with full gear (with massive layoffs), Central banks mopping up excess capital from the money gravytrain, interest rates will be sky high with attendant money crunch translating to high borrowing costs (whch will dry up the pool of prospective buyers), will mean car manufacturers will not have the backlog of orders they currently have ( will mark a return to fighting for market share), this period will coincide with exciting all-new 3 row entries in the market: Honda Pilot, VW Atlas, Ford Explorer and Mazda CX-90. I believe that by September of 2023 folks will be able to walk into a dealershp and actually test drive a new car, negotiate the MSRP and have delivery on-the-spot or within the usual 1-2 months.

I do not really need a car right now and can afford to wait. My 2023 Palisade is slated to be built in Q2 2023, I am going to see what's available around (or shortly after) that time in terms of value, fuel efficiency and tech for the above mentioned 3-row SUVs and bide my time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@Hammerchuk and @spdztr what are your VINs or ending of it (production number) just curious as my search for 2023 Palisade Caligraphy without the wait time took quite a bit of time and effort, but one dealer agreed to sell me incoming Hyper White with Black interior, originally they've mentioned the car should arrive October 10th. I've only start talking to them beginning of February VIN: ends in 522362

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Hammerchuk and @spdztr what are your VINs or ending of it (production number) just curious as my search for 2023 Palisade Caligraphy without the wait time took quite a bit of time and effort, but one dealer agreed to sell me incoming Hyper White with Black interior, originally they've mentioned the car should arrive October 10th. I've only start talking to them beginning of February VIN: ends in 522362
Hi @Miki I haven't been given my VIN yet and my dealer (DVNH in Toronto) hasn't been useful in providing my any details aside from "it's coming soon", which has been the status for the last 2 months. I'm getting more info on here than I am from my dealer! Which dealer are you talking to?

·
Registered
185 Posts
You might be onto something here. I believe folks like you who able and willing to wait till next year Summer or Fall are in for a treat. The supply-constraints and parts scarcity will have abated, recession will have kicked in with full gear (with massive layoffs), Central banks mopping up excess capital from the money gravytrain, interest rates will be sky high with attendant money crunch translating to high borrowing costs (whch will dry up the pool of prospective buyers), will mean car manufacturers will not have the backlog of orders they currently have ( will mark a return to fighting for market share), this period will coincide with exciting all-new 3 row entries in the market: Honda Pilot, VW Atlas, Ford Explorer and Mazda CX-90. I believe that by September of 2023 folks will be able to walk into a dealershp and actually test drive a new car, negotiate the MSRP and have delivery on-the-spot or within the usual 1-2 months.

I do not really need a car right now and can afford to wait. My 2023 Palisade is slated to be built in Q2 2023, I am going to see what's available around (or shortly after) that time in terms of value, fuel efficiency and tech for the above mentioned 3-row SUVs and bide my time.
Wishful thinking. 2023 is just around the corner. Nothing will change that fast. Nothing. It'll be same situation or even worse. For it to be a recession like it was in covid - there has to be a new pandemic, but there isn't one. Even covid one is ending. Biden said it already ended yesterday lol. So 2023 will be exactly the same as today, only maybe even longer waiting times and even higher msrps.
On top of it: none of upcoming options will be readily available. Everything that comes in 2023 will be tagged as 2024 model and will be made from unobtainium. As usual dealers will have 12 to 24 months waiting times - so if you'll order something in 2023 September - expect to get it in September 2024 or even after Christmas/New Year going into 2025. Basically expect to wait 2-3 years from now. Even in 2024 it'll be same situation, not much will change. For something to change - we need the world to start moving again, for war to stop, for sanctions removed from Russia in order to get 30% of world oil and 60% of world gas flowing again to Europe and other countries to restart economy. Without it forget about economy. We need ALL factories from chip producers to toilet paper to start working 100% again 24/7. We need for majority of the world to start rolling coal, oil and gas like before. We need industries to start working again and produce resources and parts. Without all of this happening - forget about cheap prices and good supply. And since I personally don't see this happening anytime soon - it's all going to stay same. At least for next 10 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi @Miki I haven't been given my VIN yet and my dealer (DVNH in Toronto) hasn't been useful in providing my any details aside from "it's coming soon", which has been the status for the last 2 months. I'm getting more info on here than I am from my dealer! Which dealer are you talking to?
This is with Owen Sound Hyundai. I got the bill of sale so hopefully that means car is indeed going to be here sometimes in October.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my sales guy has stopped providing me any update. i only asked monthly for three times, maybe that is too much work for him. Booked in Apr, changed color in May for urban 8, was told changing color will not change my que, and i should be getting the car no later than Aug, apparently not. last update from end of july, 102, down from jun 107. no production estimate, no eta, no email from Hyundai Canada. This is bullshit... if im not getting the car in the next 1 month, i will simply cancel it cuz i don't seem to need it now. Too many new options are coming up, cx90, pilot, grandhighlander, lexus TX. Given the love, excitement and patience I gave to palisade, might as well wait for those...very frustrated..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just received a second email from Hyundai:

We would like to thank you for your factory order of your new 2023 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Urban Edition AWD 8-Pass.

Exciting news! The production of your vehicle is on track!

As of September 12, 2022, your vehicle is scheduled to be built in 1st Quarter 2023.

Model Year: 2023
Model: Palisade
Trim: 3.8L Urban Edition AWD 8-Pass
Colour: HYPER WHITE
VIN number:
Last email stated: As of August 15, 2022, your vehicle is expected to be built in February 2023.

Feels like it got delayed a bit, that's a bummer. Anyone else get their emails?

781 - 800 of 817 Posts