Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
761 - 780 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received this last month from Hyundai Canada:

"Dear xxxxxxxx,

We would like to thank you for your factory order of your new 2023 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass.

We are happy to confirm your order has been placed with the factory.

As of August 15, 2022, your vehicle is expected to be built in 2nd Quarter 2023. "

I'm in no rush and wanted the vehicle for July or Aug 2023 to coincide with my wife's vehicle being paid off to have a single car payment. Looks like the timing should line up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I received this last month from Hyundai Canada:

"Dear xxxxxxxx,

We would like to thank you for your factory order of your new 2023 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass.

We are happy to confirm your order has been placed with the factory.

As of August 15, 2022, your vehicle is expected to be built in 2nd Quarter 2023. "

I'm in no rush and wanted the vehicle for July or Aug 2023 to coincide with my wife's vehicle being paid off to have a single car payment. Looks like the timing should line up.
When did you order the Palisade?I'm still waiting for my e-mail from Hyundai Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When did you order the Palisade?I'm still waiting for my e-mail from Hyundai Canada.
I went into my local dealer on July 11th and finalized the build and provided a deposit. I'm not 100% sure when they placed the order, but the sales person and finance officer chatted with me prior to placing my deposit as I had requested an approximate delivery date of July/August 2023. They were to place the order to try to meet my requested delivery date.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is nuts. People are waiting 1 year to get a palisade. We got our Palisade in 2021 and we are already bored with it. We are looking to trade it in for something new and more interesting. Possibly PHEV or EV. And to think people will get Palisade in 2023........ :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is nuts. People are waiting 1 year to get a palisade. We got our Palisade in 2021 and we are already bored with it. We are looking to trade it in for something new and more interesting. Possibly PHEV or EV. And to think people will get Palisade in 2023........ :ROFLMAO:
I totally agree. I'm in the same boat as most folks here but I'm ready to jump ship once something more exciting shows up sooner. For example, the new Mazda CX-90 with Turbocharged in line 6 Cylinder hybrid or PHEV engine sounds interesting, should launch soon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's absolutely nuts! One of my neighbours was quite impressed with my new 2023 Calligraphy purchase. So much so that he decided that he wanted one of his own. However, he could find no dealer within a reasonable driving distance willing to sell him one from their stock allocation that wasn't already committed to a pre-arrival purchaser.

He was told that they would, of course, be happy to order one for him, but current delivery expectations for factory orders were sometime in the third quarter of 2023. In other words, he could order a 2023 for delivery at about the same time as the 2024 model year version was being released.

__
P.S.: He was lucky enough to find an available Telluride and settled for that despite its lacking a few "top end" features such as the massaging driver's seat that his wife especially wanted.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone in the Toronto area hear anything from their dealers recently? Still dreaming that the end-of-year or 2023 emails we got aren't true...
I can sell you my wife's Palisade Limited 2021 in White exterior and black interior. Only 14k km, mostly highway to/from work, lady driven, non smoker clean pristine condition with all services done at original Hyundai dealership. The only reason for selling is that we are bored and want something new. I won't add markups or add-on fees lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's absolutely nuts! One of my neighbours was quite impressed with my new 2023 Calligraphy purchase. So much so that he decided that he wanted one of his own. However, he could find no dealer within a reasonable driving distance willing to sell him one from their stock allocation that wasn't already committed to a pre-arrival purchaser.

He was told that they would, of course, be happy to order one for him, but current delivery expectations for factory orders were sometime in the third quarter of 2023. In other words, he could order a 2023 for delivery at about the same time as the 2024 model year version was being released.

__
P.S.: He was lucky enough to find an available Telluride and settled for that despite its lacking a few "top end" features such as the massaging driver's seat that his wife especially wanted.
Interesting to note is that Hyundai switches model years during July at the latest (sometimes quite a bit earlier), and July also happens to be the START of Q3.

In other words, if you are ordering now, yours will be built in Q3 '23. Ergo, it'll be a 2024 model year.

For many of us here who ordered several months ago and received direct emails from Hyundai Canada, the latest is Q2 '23 build which is from April to June 2023. Which is likely to be a 2023 MY.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Interesting to note is that Hyundai switches model years during July at the latest (sometimes quite a bit earlier), and July also happens to be the START of Q3.

In other words, if you are ordering now, yours will be built in Q3 '23. Ergo, it'll be a 2024 model year.

For many of us here who ordered several months ago and received direct emails from Hyundai Canada, the latest is Q2 '23 build which is from April to June 2023. Which is likely to be a 2023 MY.
Actually I was hoping for a 2024 model with inclusion of power side mirrors, The 2023MY refresh happened around late May 2022, so it won't be a surprise if the 2024 switchover happens around May 2024 or April 2023 since it will mainly be a carryover. I can only dream. I agree any new orders will for sure be a 2024MY

·
Registered
5 Posts
-:-:-:-:- BREAKING NEWS -:-:-:-:-
Ranked #9 today. They’re flying off the production line! Lol
How do you l get this updated queue #? Do the dealers communicate this? Is it Hyundai Canada?

All I have is an August 15th email from Hyundai Canada that my Pallisade Ultimate Calligraphy will be built on Feb 2023. I pre-ordered in April 2022. I’m located in Ottawa.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Just curious do you ask them for updates or you're ge
How do you l get this updated queue #? Do the dealers communicate this? Is it Hyundai Canada?

All I have is an August 15th email from Hyundai Canada that my Pallisade Ultimate Calligraphy will be built on Feb 2023. I pre-ordered in April 2022. I’m located in Ottawa.

Thanks
You can ask your dealer rep for an update - please share once you hear

·
Registered
20 Posts

Thanks
youre lucky. i ordered in May and got zero communication from hyundai canada.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just received my queue number today from my dealer, it is 1253!. Which means, at about 125 Palisades (rough guess) per month for the Canadian market, it will get built around June 2023 (mirroring the estimate build date letter I received from Hyundai Canada on 15 August) and delivered around August 2023, roughly 12 months post order date. As Palisade Man suggested, things are moving really SLOOOOOW. In early 2020, 500-600 average Palisades were delivered per month in Canada!

The situation in the US is very different, no slow down in Palisade delivery. I guess money talks as the profit margins there are way more than in Canada.

761 - 780 of 817 Posts