Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
561 - 580 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Guess what? All 3 sold within one day.
It's truly astounding what some people will pay for immediate personal gratification.

There are times when I congratulate myself on have chosen a small rural Ontario community for my retirement and this is only one such instance. Among other benefits, it forces me, regardless of any contrary inclination, to shop around a wider area for decently priced commodities of all kinds.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sad. This is going to only encourage predatory pricing.
I wouldn't call it predatory. It sucks but that is what the market will bear.

In fact, used Palisades are selling for more than new. Richard, you can literally sell yours and make a $5K profit easy if that's what you desire. Dealers understand this so that is why they are adding additional stuff to maximize their profits and minimize scalping behaviours.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's truly astounding what some people will pay for immediate personal gratification.

There are times when I congratulate myself on have chosen a small rural Ontario community for my retirement and this is only one such instance. Among other benefits, it forces me, regardless of any contrary inclination, to shop around a wider area for decently priced commodities of all kinds.
Yup.

And the Palisade (especially the Calligraphy trim) is such a good value, Hyundai has underpriced it.

Local dealer again confirmed that the Calligraphy trims are hard to come by and the demand is through the roof for that trim.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got an update yesterday. I’m now queue no 252, down 125 spots in two weeks. After weeks of only going down by 20, they probably accelerated production.

Calligraphy moonlight w black.
Montréal region.
Reserved mid April.
Got a call from my dealer today. Great news, my Palisade is suppose to be built and on a boat to Canada. ETA is September 11th. Went from 252 to on a boat in 2 weeks, kind of crazy. Didn’t expect that. No VIN yet but maybe next week. I’m so excited.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is no law in Canada (except maybe Quebec, not sure) that says dealers cannot charge over MSRP. Sometimes manufacturers will stop dealers from doing so to save corporate image (like Honda w/ the Civic Type R), but dealers can do what they want, much like the states. What dealers can't do, in some provinces, is advertise one price and then sell it at another. As long as any fees (including ridiculous things like $4000 admin fees) are advertised before the sale, it's perfectly legal.

The difference here is that many dealers don't (yet) do blatant markups, instead choosing to add bs packages and options to pad their line.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have to laugh I am 251 :)
I really don't understand what is going on with Hyundai Tracking. I ordered on 30th March from Milton Hyundai . 3 weeks ago I was number 159 and last week I was 146 . No Vin so far . I really don't understand how this tracking and delivery going on. My Friend went for an Acura and booked in May and is getting delivery next week . Hyundai need to come out with there tracking process really unsatisfactory sales service .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really don't understand what is going on with Hyundai Tracking. I ordered on 30th March from Milton Hyundai . 3 weeks ago I was number 159 and last week I was 146 . No Vin so far . I really don't understand how this tracking and delivery going on. My Friend went for an Acura and booked in May and is getting delivery next week . Hyundai need to come out with there tracking process really unsatisfactory sales service .
I totally get your frustration. I booked on March 8th, although I have the VIN, my dealer is giving a mid-sep ETA. Don't know what's going on. I was so hopeful of getting mine by the end of August.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I totally get your frustration. ...
So do dealerships whose restricted stock allocations are limiting their own sale and profit potentials. The underlying reality is simply that Hyundai, faced like everyone else with global supply disruptions, is a "victim of success" and is struggling to meet demands, especially in the case of North American demand for Calligraphy Ultimate AWD units. I suspect (just guessing) that some attempts to compensate may involve juggling delivery queues to some extent, but without much success.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So do dealerships whose restricted stock allocations are limiting their own sale and profit potentials. The underlying reality is simply that Hyundai, faced like everyone else with global supply disruptions, is a "victim of success" and is struggling to meet demands, especially in the case of North American demand for Calligraphy Ultimate AWD units. I suspect (just guessing) that some attempts to compensate may involve juggling delivery queues to some extent, but without much success.
I understand all that... But just frustrated :). Was hoping to make the most out of what's left of our short Canadian summers 😁

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don’t understand either. I was not expecting the car until October with the way the queue number was going. My first guest is they will give me one of their allocated car that matched my requirements. My other guess is they built a bunch of calligraphy midnight blue with black interior at the same time. You have the same colours options and trim ? And you don’t have an eta yet ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don’t understand either. I was not expecting the car until October with the way the queue number was going. My first guest is they will give me one of their allocated car that matched my requirements. My other guess is they built a bunch of calligraphy midnight blue with black interior at the same time. You have the same colours options and trim ? And you don’t have an eta yet ?
I have ordered a white calligraphy with black interior and no eta so far or any vin info .

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I "reserved" online mid July, hyper white w/ black interior - yesterday the dealer called me and said I'm about 1700th in line, with the car set to arrive next April.

He then said the following things:
  • Changing your colour combination will change your position in line, because each colour combination has it's own line. You may be 1700th for white on black, but 5th for black on beige, etc. Dealers don't have access to this info though, but if you have a good relationship with someone high enough they can ask corporate who may or may not answer.
  • Dealers don't get to keep unallocated vehicles, if someone cancels. If dealership A receives a white on black, but the customer who it was tied to changes their mind, Hyundai will take the vehicle back (ie. it's not 'dealer inventory'). They'll ship it to the dealership of the next person in line. But he did say a lot of dealers are pushing back against this, and may change.

This is from a dealer in Vancouver BC.
I booked mine on 15th Aug, rank is 1529

561 - 580 of 841 Posts