Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
541 - 560 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats! If that's Sierra Burgundy, it looks to me more wine purple than any of the redder photos I've seen to date. I'm hoping to see my own Sierra Burgundy Calligraphy before the end of August.

It also looks to me as if some exterior as well as interior protective coverings remain in place. Am I mistaken, or were those photos taken prior to completion of dealer prep.
Thanks! Yes U r right. The coverings r still on.

My husband went to the dealership today. he took the pics of the car while he was there to get the paperwork done.

The car had arrived yesterday and it needs to be ready for me on August 15th.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The car has arrived at the dealership (Milton Hyundai)
It will get delivered on Monday August 15th after Ministry processing work.
It has one color (Sierra Burgundy) there was a protective film on the body to avoid scratches.
Yes it has Black grille and black rims.
The first one in the group to own the 2023! Enjoy your new car

·
Registered
133 Posts
Now who will get their Calligraphy model first? Will it be Richard? LOL
I'm just happy for all concerned to see that the early stock and customer orders are beginning to show up. If mine arrives before the end of this month, I'll be quite satisfied regardless of whether or not it's the first Calligraphy. I sure wouldn't want to be joining the current line-up at this point. On the other hand, I suppose Hyundai isn't too unhappy about the customer demand situation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am in the same boat, intially reserved on 6 July, then had to cancel in order to do it afresh with another dealer on 4 August, so I am looking at April/May 2023. I don't mind if I am pushed to June/July if it turns into 2024MY (assuming my price is grandfathered) and Hyundai puts in automatic folding exterior mirrors. That said, the build number is not tied to a dealer, so the ETA is a bit more fluid; I think dealers are allocated certain inventory each month which varies month to month, if they are allocated a matching color/trim, you get called. I think there is a huge element of luck in this; similar to a lottery.
So did the dealer confirmed that you can expect it only in April/May 2023?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I "reserved" online mid July, hyper white w/ black interior - yesterday the dealer called me and said I'm about 1700th in line, with the car set to arrive next April.

He then said the following things:
  • Changing your colour combination will change your position in line, because each colour combination has it's own line. You may be 1700th for white on black, but 5th for black on beige, etc. Dealers don't have access to this info though, but if you have a good relationship with someone high enough they can ask corporate who may or may not answer.
  • Dealers don't get to keep unallocated vehicles, if someone cancels. If dealership A receives a white on black, but the customer who it was tied to changes their mind, Hyundai will take the vehicle back (ie. it's not 'dealer inventory'). They'll ship it to the dealership of the next person in line. But he did say a lot of dealers are pushing back against this, and may change.

This is from a dealer in Vancouver BC.
So was this a Calligraphy? Also my dealer said ETA of November/December(I reserved in May and changed colour in July) for my White/Black Calligraphy and he don’t have any idea about Queue number. I am not too convinced by the dealer as he don’t have much info on anything. Somewhere I heard that each month the dealers will get an allocation and we could be lucky.

·
Registered
135 Posts
6-8 weeks is literally 2 months time which seems short to me.
It's based on their allocation numbers from the past, It's a small rural dealership so have a very small customer base, I am guessing about 1 Palisade a month. That said, I have my reservations about the forecast of the ETA. We'll see.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I found this 2023 Hyundai Palisade on AutoTrader: 2023 Hyundai Palisade Urban 8-Passenger AWD - Campbell River It this over MSRP?
The "$59,999 + TAXES & LICENSING" price in that AutoTrader item is ridiculous. It's not just over the $52,599 MSRP for the Urban 8 trim. It's over Hyundai's $55,254 "purchase price" which includes delivery and destination charges (charge includes freight, pre-delivery inspection and a full tank of gas), fees, levies and all applicable charges (excluding HST, GST/PST).

Build and price one yourself here and then submit the results to get a local dealer quote.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The "$59,999 + TAXES & LICENSING" price in that AutoTrader item is ridiculous. It's not just over the $52,599 MSRP for the Urban 8 trim. It's over Hyundai's $55,254 "purchase price" which includes delivery and destination charges (charge includes freight, pre-delivery inspection and a full tank of gas), fees, levies and all applicable charges (excluding HST, GST/PST).

Build and price one yourself here and then submit the results to get a local dealer quote.
Yup.

It was $4,750 over the MSRP but obviously somebody bought it.

Local dealer had 3 Calligraphy incoming units, all for $6K+ MSRP (the dealer has various add-ons, so the buyer is getting some value but still). Guess what? All 3 sold within one day.

541 - 560 of 841 Posts