Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got an update today. In the last 2 weeks, I’ve gone down 53 spots. From 475 to 422. Maybe only 53 Canadian Palisade where built in 2 weeks ?? I know they had to shut down part of the Ulsan plant for a week because of a trucker strike that has now been resolved.

But still, they should be able to built a lot more than 53 in 2 weeks (1 week with strike)… well, I’ll get my next update in 2 weeks, I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I talked with my dealer and they mentioned that my car is stuck at St. John new Brunswick... The car is waiting for the Truck to come to NS but they waiting for truck driver........ now new eta is 18th June 2022....
Got update from my dealer.. my car is arrived and will pickup next Thursday… (Model - palisade 2022 luxury location NS- booked in February 22)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, just joined the forum.

Reserved a 2023 Palisade Ultimate Calligraphy (Hyper White, Warm Grey 2-Tone Nappa Leather) on June 13th online with $500 deposit and chose the Thornhill dealer (didn't actually visit them). Got a confirmation from the dealer rep shortly after that confirmed the pre-order. Inquired with that rep (not a salesperson) about ETA and was told it would be ~November. For those who have placed a pre-order for MY 2023 do you get any further information on ETA, priority queue, build date, pricing etc? USA Pricing seems to be out but Hyundai Canada doesn't appear to have anything yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone, just joined the forum.

Reserved a 2023 Palisade Ultimate Calligraphy (Hyper White, Warm Grey 2-Tone Nappa Leather) on June 13th online with $500 deposit and chose the Thornhill dealer (didn't actually visit them). Got a confirmation from the dealer rep shortly after that confirmed the pre-order. Inquired with that rep (not a salesperson) about ETA and was told it would be ~November. For those who have placed a pre-order for MY 2023 do you get any further information on ETA, priority queue, build date, pricing etc? USA Pricing seems to be out but Hyundai Canada doesn't appear to have anything yet.
Hey there,

I ordered our Palisade Urban, 8-passengers, on April 22, 2022 from our local dealer. I then ordered a White on White Calligraphy as well on June 16, 2022 so very close to when you ordered yours Calligraphy.

For the first order, I was told October delivery. For the second order, I was not told about delivery date. Apparently, I'm # 244 for the first order and #1,000+ for the second order.

I doubt you will get your Calligraphy model this year. Canada will get its pricing announced end of June.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there,

I ordered our Palisade Urban, 8-passengers, on April 22, 2022 from our local dealer. I then ordered a White on White Calligraphy as well on June 16, 2022 so very close to when you ordered yours Calligraphy.

For the first order, I was told October delivery. For the second order, I was not told about delivery date. Apparently, I'm # 244 for the first order and #1,000+ for the second order.

I doubt you will get your Calligraphy model this year. Canada will get its pricing announced end of June.
Thanks for sharing this. For the queue # (244 and 1000+) when did they communicate that with you? I'm beginning to think now if that November is the earliest possible date as opposed to target date and so an early 2023 delivery window is more likely.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. For the queue # (244 and 1000+) when did they communicate that with you? I'm beginning to think now if that November is the earliest possible date as opposed to target date and so an early 2023 delivery window is more likely.
I had to contact the general sales manager to get that #. He had to log in and go to some website which then shows the queue #. He cautioned me saying that while the #s are accurate, the delivery dates vary. He mentioned that someone with a higher queue got their vehicle quicker than someone with a lower queue so take that queue # with a grain of salt.

He is confident that my Urban will arrive before winter (late October at the latest). He isn't optimistic about the Calligraphy one coming in 2022 as the backlog on those is a) much longer and b) Hyundai makes fewer Calligraphy models.

My take: the Calligraphy model will land sometime in March of '23. Anything earlier and it'll be a nice bonus. The dealer also mentioned that many folks that had ordered a 2022 model year will instead be given the 2023 model year, which again delays those that only wanted 2023. Had I known this, I'd have ordered back in January.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to contact the general sales manager to get that #. He had to log in and go to some website which then shows the queue #. He cautioned me saying that while the #s are accurate, the delivery dates vary. He mentioned that someone with a higher queue got their vehicle quicker than someone with a lower queue so take that queue # with a grain of salt.

He is confident that my Urban will arrive before winter (late October at the latest). He isn't optimistic about the Calligraphy one coming in 2022 as the backlog on those is a) much longer and b) Hyundai makes fewer Calligraphy models.

My take: the Calligraphy model will land sometime in March of '23. Anything earlier and it'll be a nice bonus. The dealer also mentioned that many folks that had ordered a 2022 model year will instead be given the 2023 model year, which again delays those that only wanted 2023. Had I known this, I'd have ordered back in January.
Thanks this very helpful. I will contact my dealer to get my queue status and see if they can shed some light as well on the Urban vs Calligraphy delivery window. I may take an Urban over a Calligraphy if the wait is very long but I guess nobody knows for sure at this point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks this very helpful. I will contact my dealer to get my queue status and see if they can shed some light as well on the Urban vs Calligraphy delivery window. I may take an Urban over a Calligraphy if the wait is very long but I guess nobody knows for sure at this point.
So funny thing: we wanted to switch our order from Urban to Calligraphy (as Calligraphy has the Head-up display as well as rear view camera which is super helpful). The dealer convinced me not to switch but rather to ADD to the order.

If you switch, you will lose out on your current spot. My advice would be to talk to the dealer and see if you can add another trim to your order. Because my dealer said that given the shortage, he will give me back at least what I paid for (if not more) for the Urban 8-passengers, as he can then turn around and re-sell the car for more than MSRP. But he cannot sell stock new car for more than MSRP. It's weird how used car prices have gone up, but it makes sense as some people can't wait. For me, it seems like a no-brainer if what the dealer says is true. If he doesn't give back exactly what I paid, I'll just keep the Urban and not take the Calligraphy order.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I preordered mine in mid May and they said October/November but he was saying that as a worst case scenario

regardless I’m almost certain we won’t hear anything till at least after the summer
I've spoken with three dealers Kitchener Hyundai, Waterloo Hyundai and Toronto Hyundai for 2023 Calligraphy over the past few months. Here are the timelines they each offered:
March:
  • Kitchener Hyundai: June/July
  • Waterloo Hyundai: September/October
  • Toronto Hyundai: No ETA

April:
  • Kitchener Hyundai: July/August

May:
  • Kitchener Hyundai: "Late summer"
  • Waterloo Hyundai: In 2022

I went with Toronto Hyundai because it seemed like they were at least telling the truth while others are simply making up dates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've spoken with three dealers Kitchener Hyundai, Waterloo Hyundai and Toronto Hyundai for 2023 Calligraphy over the past few months. Here are the timelines they each offered:
March:
  • Kitchener Hyundai: June/July

April:
  • Kitchener Hyundai: July/August

May:
  • Kitchener Hyundai: "Late summer"
  • Waterloo Hyundai: In 2022

I went with Toronto Hyundai because it seemed like they were at least telling the truth while others are simply making up dates.
Lol this is hilarious.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts