Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Can we both have Fobs in car without a problem?

16K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  blutob2 
#1 ·
May be a dumb question but here goes - if my wife and I are both carrying key fobs, will that screw up or confuse the car's computer, regarding locking, un locking, auto tailgate etc? When I travel I want the extra fob with us just in case, if it doesn't cause any issues.

#5 · (Edited)
Yeah both should carry, no issues. You will occasionally get an alert if one of you leaves the car for an errand.
** ** More importantly ** **
make sure you really do both have your fobs. I once drove my wife to the train station (pre-covid) dropped her off. Then without turning the car off drove my son to the orthodontist and realized I did not have a key fob when the car started flashing (NO FOB) as i pulled into their lot. Had to send my son in by himself because I would have no way to start the car again. I had left my Fob Home had not realized the car had been started from hers when we both hopped in togther.

#8 ·
Today, I asked my grandson to hold my fob while I ran into the house to change clothes. He needed to look for his shin guards in the Palisade. Once he found them, he waited in the Palisade for me to come out. I hopped in, started it up, dropped him off at Soccer Tryouts. Got to Kroger, cut it off and realized I didn’t have my fob.

I panicked and tried to start it through the Bluelink app. It didn’t work. Now I’m really panicking because I’m stuck and he was gonna be stuck at tryouts. I called Bluelink and was informed that due to a safety feature, it will not start of you are in the vehicle. I asked if she could remote start it, she said yes, however, I still would not be able to drive it with the fob/key. I ended up having to call my older grandson’s friend and asking him to drive up to the school and get my fob from my younger grandson who’s 12. Went in Kroger and did my grocery shopping and my fob was delivered to me. I was rushing when I got home in an effort to get him to tryouts on time and got distracted.

My question is, why did the Palisade not beep when my 12 year old grandson walked away from the car? Normally, when it’s running in the morning and I walk away it beeps.

#9 ·
My question is, why did the Palisade not beep when my 12 year old grandson walked away from the car? Normally, when it’s running in the morning and I walk away it beeps.
Fair question. Mine complains loudly if I walk away and leave it running. Is it possible you just couldn't hear it with the doors closed? Maybe it only sounds if it's the driver's door that's open and closed?

#11 ·
If there is 1 lesson that is important, when exiting the car you must see the "P" in the upper display. I love the push button trans but it can be tricky sometimes. I've almost stepped out of car and it was still in gear. If any alarms wring or beap, go right back into the car and see what the problem is and correct it.

#12 ·
Why? The car immediately automatically shifts to P both when you open the door or turn it off. Heck many use that as a technique versus shifting to Park themselves. Do I, no, I would rather see it myself, plus it's a habit pattern that I want to have in all my cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.