Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be a dumb question but here goes - if my wife and I are both carrying key fobs, will that screw up or confuse the car's computer, regarding locking, un locking, auto tailgate etc? When I travel I want the extra fob with us just in case, if it doesn't cause any issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,100 Posts
My wife and I both carry ours and only problem I've seen. We get out of car, press the button on door
it will not lock doing that if she leaves her key in car.
You will have to use your key fob to lock car while out of it

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah both should carry, no issues. You will occasionally get an alert if one of you leaves the car for an errand.
** ** More importantly ** **
make sure you really do both have your fobs. I once drove my wife to the train station (pre-covid) dropped her off. Then without turning the car off drove my son to the orthodontist and realized I did not have a key fob when the car started flashing (NO FOB) as i pulled into their lot. Had to send my son in by himself because I would have no way to start the car again. I had left my Fob Home had not realized the car had been started from hers when we both hopped in togther.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No issues so far. If my wife and I are both carrying key fobs, we get out of car, it will not lock if she leaves her key in the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts