Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer to have the radio split with the map as my main screen. When I turn the Palisade back on, it returns to the default home screen with the 3 widgets. Is there a way to get it to default to the radio/map split?

· Registered
601 Posts
I don't have drivers package. I know you can set hot key on the dash for a preferred function. I also know you can toggle though "AV options" on steering column. Hopefully someone will be able to better answer your queestion.

· Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
I'd also like it to default to radio/map instead, but also defaults to that stupid home screen. I think it'd default to the radio/map setting if I leave the radio on, but I like to turn it off (along with HVAC) before shutting off engine. By the way, the split screen has several options, but most importantly, you can choose the order, so you must put in #1 the screen you want the most, since that's what it shows when you hit any button. And if it's that mode, then it goes to the second option. I used to have map, radio, and that was why the stupid map took the whole screen, so I had to hit the right of it to switch to the radio. I realized later there was a way to move options up and down to have the order you want. I removed the 'talk' function, but left the others.

· Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
444 Posts
I think it'd default to the radio/map setting if I leave the radio on, but I like to turn it off (along with HVAC) before shutting off engine.
Out of curiosity, what is the reasoning behind this (other than adding multiple steps when you’re turning off the car and again when you get back in and go)?

Especially with automatic climate control – why would you not just set your desired temp, make sure it’s on auto, and then never touch it again? I don’t remember the last time I even messed with my climate controls in any of my cars, other than rare cases in winter where extra defogging is necessary.

· Registered
243 Posts
On the radio, it's 100+ for months here, meaning probably 150+ inside the car. My cars sleep in the garage, but when I need to go out, made a habit of always turning off stereo, and wait until cabin cools down a little to turn it back on. Maybe it's not necessary anymore, but it can't hurt for sure :). The HVAC I always turn off A/C compressor a few blocks before reaching my destination, to avoid musty odors (it works). But HVAC has no weird behavior if turned off. By the way, I never use auto; always manual for me. It never works the way I want, but haven't tried it on the Pali yet. I will, and see if for the first time, it works like I want it to :).

· Registered
2 Posts
I guess what I should have said is that I love the look of the radio tubes. I wish I could just leave it on that screen by default rather than a sparsely populated home screen which I don't find useful or impressive. I know there are people who wish for the 3 screens option back and people like me who don't care. I think the one thing we all have in common is we all want to pick something. I don't know many people find the new home/start screen useful.

· Registered
243 Posts
I don't think there's 1 person that likes the home screen defaulting at start up. It's quite annoying indeed. I posted once that leaving the radio on before shutting off engine, left it on at start-up, but that's not the case. The stereo is on, but the stupid full screen home crap is still there. There's probably no way to change that. Not a huge deal, but useless indeed.

· Registered
6 Posts
I don't think there's 1 person that likes the home screen defaulting at start up. It's quite annoying indeed. I posted once that leaving the radio on before shutting off engine, left it on at start-up, but that's not the case. The stereo is on, but the stupid full screen home crap is still there. There's probably no way to change that. Not a huge deal, but useless indeed.
This is a HUGE DEAL. It is a defect I hate the Disclaimer Screen telling me I'm an idiot. This must be able to be changed. A recall is needed to update the programming g

· Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
444 Posts
This is a HUGE DEAL. It is a defect I hate the Disclaimer Screen telling me I'm an idiot. This must be able to be changed. A recall is needed to update the programming g
There’s no setting for this, it’s a regulatory thing and for them to cover themselves.

If you do nothing, it goes away on its own after several seconds. It’s definitely not worth getting worked up about.

Reactions: Smims94

· Super Moderator
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
838 Posts
Yep mandatory so idiots can't sue them. Kind of like McDonald's having to to put "Caution Hot" on their coffee cups because we have some really stupid people in this world.

Reactions: Clintro

· Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
444 Posts
Tell me the Title and Chapter of federal law that requires this. There isn't one, this is simply a lame excuse.
It doesn’t matter if there is or isn’t anything that “requires” this, they’re doing it to reduce their own liability and ability to be sued by idiots who are distracted by the system.

Maybe when you get in the car, you can focus on something else, like the scenery or something. By the time your realize you actually got in your car to drive, the warning will be gone.

· Registered
6 Posts
It doesn’t matter if there is or isn’t anything that “requires” this, they’re doing it to reduce their own liability and ability to be sued by idiots who are distracted by the system.

Maybe when you get in the car, you can focus on something else, like the scenery or something. By the time your realize you actually got in your car to drive, the warning will be gone.
This is a DEFECT and must be fixed!!!!! If they won't I'll tell everyone and anyone that buying a Hyundai is a Mistake! THIS MUST BE FIXED!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts