Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Calligraphy

10K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  Hovtech 
#1 ·
My closest dealer just got in a 2021 White/beige Calligraphy. I asked him if I could get it at MSRP. He said no, above. I'll never take that deal

#2 ·
Easy dealer to walk away from. Our dealer ultimately followed the market and began listing above MSRP. One of the times I was in for service I asked if they were selling above MSRP. He said no. Just an old tactic to make buyers feel good when they pay full MSRP + the dealer‘s $699 ‘processing fee’. I always ask if the processing fee is negotiable first. If they say no then we must start at MSRP minus $699. If not, I’m out.

I’m usually a really tough negotiator on car buying but my Palisade was my worst performance by far. My two Z06’s were 17% and 20% off MSRP. Our CPO‘d X7 was 24% off, but doesn’t really count as it’s a used car. Hyundai might be in a good position relative to the supply/demand curve - as their plant shut downs and parts supplier issues were both timed about right with a worldwide downturn in demand. With fewer to sell, the dealers can be a bit proud.

In the past I was able to see ‘day’s supply’ amongst car makers. If I were a betting man, I’d watch FCA for deals. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen this many current model year Jeeps and Dodge Trucks sitting on lots this late in the year. The Gladiators have already hit my target price at $8K off MSRP or 20%. I suspect by October they’ll be $10K off + 0% for 72 months. Tough for folks that paid $10K over MSRP a year ago pre-COVID.

#24 ·
Update: I went there to "test drive" and they wanted 53800.. I told them no way Jose. They asked for my offer and I said... 50k and I think that is "fair" given that you have one only and the first one... They said no.. I said no and left. I got calls today that they are ok with going lower. I got another dealer 52k and the first dealer said they can beat that offer so I assuming between 51 to 52k.. I told them that I will be thinking on that.. They also said that somebody got the calligraphy I tested for 53k the next day, but more are on order and they were willing to negotiate on them with me... I'll come up with updates

#29 ·
The best I could do was 52k with the Hyundai dealer fee (699) that was a couple of weeks ago. I got tired of trying to negotiate and match prices between dealers. I skipped at least 3 or 4 Calligraphys that they sold for 53k to 54k because we couldn't reach an agreement... I was fighting for 50k. If you can do that then good for you :) I still agree with Hovtech, even 50 is not fair price.... I think they are taking advantage of the supply/demand they have right now.. just my opinion

#30 · (Edited)
Good luck getting it for less than $2k over MSRP. This is the new Consumer Reports. Guess who is number 1 & 2? BTW, the fact that the Telluride gets more points proves to me CR takes money under the table. The 2 vehicles are identical. Yet look at the numbers. Anyhow, good luck, but if you really want it, pay up and enjoy, you will. View attachment 2083

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.