Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Negotiating a deal right now with a dealer up in Washington, and he says they have an in transit that they can give me a Calligraphy model for MSRP with Steel Graphite Exterior and....beige on beige interior. No Navy. WTF? Have any of you seen this before or have pics of what that would even look like? I'm so confused.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
343 Posts
Never heard of beige/beige and it's not even listed as an option. Previous Calligraphy options were black/beige, dark brown/beige and currently navy/beige.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of beige/beige and it's not even listed as an option. Previous Calligraphy options were black/beige, dark brown/beige and currently navy/beige.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Not sure if this has anything to do with shortages, etc. I mean it's leather so can't be because of the chip shortage lol. It's been a god damn nightmare dealing with dealers trying to buy this damn SUV. This is so frustrating. It really is shocking how bad the dealer network is for Hyundai. Great product, both Hyundai and Genesis yet dealers are just a bad experience. Coast to coast.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can’t answer your question, unfortunately, but I’m in a similar situation.

I have a deposit on a calligraphy that’s in transit. The exterior is Hyper White and the interior is just listed as “beige”. Hyundai Canada’s Information on the calligraphy specifically states that you cannot purchase a Hyper White with a beige interior, as it’s only available in black or harbour grey/navy blue. The dealer is adimant that it’s just “beige” and said it’s a supply issue.

·
Registered
343 Posts
In the States the Hyper White comes with the black interior or the Navy/beige interior.
Here is a portion of the Dealer price sheet for 2022:

Product Font Material property Circle Pattern

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting. Here’s a screenshot of the Canadian 2022 Palisade brochure, which specifies interior options for exterior colours. I’m hoping mine is, in fact, grey and navy but I’m being told that’s not the case.

Watch Tire Wheel Automotive tire Font

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is really in fact crazy if they're deviating from their original dealer price sheet on interior color combos because of the shortage. For steel graphite beige/beige also isn't listed. The dealer confirmed with me it would be the interior color per the attached, which I thought they discontinued. No explanation as to why, totally skirted the question. It looks god awful, my wife immediately said no. I'm very very close to just telling my wife we gotta go in a different direction. I'm so fed up with these guys. They didn't mention this right up until the end, not to mention the endless bullshit in between. And, worst part is, this particular dealership has been way better than the other Hyundai dealerships I've dealt with, especially in the Pacific Northwest. Not that any dealership is really that transparent or ethical, but some of these guys act like they're running a chop shop and talk to me as if I was born yesterday. If they ever want to truly compete upmarket vs the germans and the japanese they really, really have to improve their customer service and logistics. I know this has been discussed at nauseam on this board but I guess I'm just venting!

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
I understand the frustration, valid when you are paying a pretty penny.

Shortages, not limited to chips, are across the board and manufacturing decisions/shifts are exacerbating the product offerings. Dealers are probably just a tad bit informed than the rest of us and perhaps the communication confusion is abound. This situation is not just limited to Hyundai, virtually every manufacturer is experiencing it. BMW is making some strange interior offerings due to the same shortages. Interesting times indeed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is really in fact crazy if they're deviating from their original dealer price sheet on interior color combos because of the shortage. For steel graphite beige/beige also isn't listed. The dealer confirmed with me it would be the interior color per the attached, which I thought they discontinued. No explanation as to why, totally skirted the question. It looks god awful, my wife immediately said no. I'm very very close to just telling my wife we gotta go in a different direction. I'm so fed up with these guys. They didn't mention this right up until the end, not to mention the endless bullshit in between. And, worst part is, this particular dealership has been way better than the other Hyundai dealerships I've dealt with, especially in the Pacific Northwest. Not that any dealership is really that transparent or ethical, but some of these guys act like they're running a chop shop and talk to me as if I was born yesterday. If they ever want to truly compete upmarket vs the germans and the japanese they really, really have to improve their customer service and logistics. I know this has been discussed at nauseam on this board but I guess I'm just venting!
The pic you posted is what they called dark brown on the 2021. The seats and door panels are beige but the dash, steering wheel and door trims are dark brown. On the 2022 models those dark brown areas are supposed to be navy. If that is a 2022 model then it looks like they are using left over 2021 interiors as the dark brown was discontinued for 2022.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Canada is still listing the beige interior color as an option for 2022. Not for hyper white, however. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what I end up with, though. I can’t imagine a beige/beige combo but my dealer just describes the interior as beige

If you want a better look at brown/beige, scroll down to the interior 360 view at the below link and, once you click on it, it will take you to the brown/beige 360.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Negotiating a deal right now with a dealer up in Washington, and he says they have an in transit that they can give me a Calligraphy model for MSRP with Steel Graphite Exterior and....beige on beige interior. No Navy. WTF? Have any of you seen this before or have pics of what that would even look like? I'm so confused.

So beige Carpets and floor mats? I have the midnight cloud (navy blue) exterior and beige interior but carpeting and floor mats black. It's beautiful and I get a ton of compliments, but beige carpeting and floor mats? No thanks, so odd

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is what I have in my 2021 Calligraphy. It has a very dark brown dash (better than black in my opinion because thats is what I had in my Mercedes) The seats completely are all beige. Much better i feel than having the bottom plastic of seat and back plastic of seat being black or dark blue it makes it an odd 2 tone. I love my all one color beige. It looks much nicer on door panels also. I have the hyper white exterior. If you dont want the all beige let me know I may trade in my 2021 with 7k miles on it.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So beige Carpets and floor mats? I have the midnight cloud (navy blue) exterior and beige interior but carpeting and floor mats black. It's beautiful and I get a ton of compliments, but beige carpeting and floor mats? No thanks, so odd
Not sure about carpets and floor mats(although I assume answer would be yes) but it's more tan with brown panels. Do you have the navy beige or the beige on beige. There's a difference that I didn't know existed. The picture I attached earlier in the thread is what it would look like.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is what I have in my 2021 Calligraphy. It has a very dark brown dash (better than black in my opinion because thats is what I had in my Mercedes) The seats completely are all beige. Much better i feel than having the bottom plastic of seat and back plastic of seat being black or dark blue it makes it an odd 2 tone. I love my all one color beige. It looks much nicer on door panels also. I have the hyper white exterior. If you dont want the all beige let me know I may trade in my 2021 with 7k miles on it.......
Honestly white exterior with that beige on beige wouldn't be all that bad, reminds me of the Mercedes GLS white on beige(something we're looking at too used, those things are the only solid deal in the market since no one wants them). The steel grey with the beige on beige it just isn't our thing, also not sure how that would go with resale given it isn't even an option for this model year but if you're interested I can let you know who to contact, I think we're going to pass on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure about carpets and floor mats(although I assume answer would be yes) but it's more tan with brown panels. Do you have the navy beige or the beige on beige. There's a difference that I didn't know existed. The picture I attached earlier in the thread is what it would look like.
I have attached the colours that are advertised by Hyundai in Canada in their vehicle information/brochure. They are beige/brown and grey/navy. I can't imagine a beige/beige but, like yours, my dealer says my incoming Pali is just "beige", rather than a beige/brown or grey or light beige/navy combination. Personally, I'm hoping it's just one of the standard combos, as per below, and not some new all beige interior.

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer White

Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Car Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
They should have the build sheet with vin number . I did the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have attached the colours that are advertised by Hyundai in Canada in their vehicle information/brochure. They are beige/brown and grey/navy. I can't imagine a beige/beige but, like yours, my dealer says my incoming Pali is just "beige", rather than a beige/brown or grey or light beige/navy combination. Personally, I'm hoping it's just one of the standard combos, as per below, and not some new all beige interior.

View attachment 5290

View attachment 5291
Thanks for sharing. Yeah no it is indeed beige/brown, he was just giving what the window sticker says which is "LIGHT BEIGE/LIGHT BEIGE"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They should have the build sheet with vin number . I did the same.
Yeah I have the window sticker which says LIGHT BEIGE/LIGHT BEIGE. I just didn't think much of it because I thought the only beige was the navy/beige. Didn't even think this it was possible. Also, the dealer listing has interior listed as navy/beige, probably because light beige/light beige isn't even an option...all over the place.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts