Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new Palisade calligraphy but what in the world is up with that awful headliner? We bought it without seeing what the microsuede looks like and it looks like a complete mess. Any idea how to make it look better?? The car is brand new from the dealer.

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Calligraphy
26 Posts
What do you mean make it “look better”?
I’m 100% satisfied with the look of the headliner - it was exactly what I wanted. I suppose you could rip it out and try to replace it with one of the lower trim headliners, but that’s what happens when you buy a car without looking at a single interior picture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean make it “look better”?
I’m 100% satisfied with the look of the headliner - it was exactly what I wanted. I suppose you could rip it out and try to replace it with one of the lower trim headliners, but that’s what happens when you buy a car without looking at a single interior picture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In pictures, you cannot tell. You can really only tell in the sunlight. It literally looks like a bunch of hands and fingers were all over it and my kids haven't even been in the car yet. These cars are hard to come by so we had to purchase one that wasn't yet delivered. I was just surprised to see it looking the way it did when I picked it up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Besides the wheels the headliner was the only reason why I purchased the Limited over the Calligraphy. The suede headliner is great, but to me it looks dirty with all the marks going in different directions.

·
Administrator
2,478 Posts
In pictures, you cannot tell. You can really only tell in the sunlight. It literally looks like a bunch of hands and fingers were all over it and my kids haven't even been in the car yet. These cars are hard to come by so we had to purchase one that wasn't yet delivered. I was just surprised to see it looking the way it did when I picked it up.
Did people feel the head liner at the dealership before you purchased it?
Yes little kids like to feel it and it can make it look weird in the sun light.
I just took my hand and rubed it all one way after the grand children had their fun

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m very unhappy about the faux suede in my burgundy/beige Callig. Always looks like a mess and there are permanent finger runs, either from factory installation or dealer detail. Looks like a tiger got loose up there. I saw ‘em when I bought, but thought they would rub out. Nope. Funny thing I catch passengers in back trying to rub them out. Preferred the cloth stuff that was in my 21 limited better, but sold that one because it had way too many problems and an unfixable 65-75 mph vibration.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just picked up my new Palisade calligraphy but what in the world is up with that awful headliner? We bought it without seeing what the microsuede looks like and it looks like a complete mess. Any idea how to make it look better?? The car is brand new from the dealer.
Judging from your avatar, may you just drink too much..............lol.

·
Administrator
2,478 Posts
I’m very unhappy about the faux suede in my burgundy/beige Callig. Always looks like a mess and there are permanent finger runs, either from factory installation or dealer detail. Looks like a tiger got loose up there. I saw ‘em when I bought, but thought they would rub out. Nope. Funny thing I catch passengers in back trying to rub them out. Preferred the cloth stuff that was in my 21 limited better, but sold that one because it had way too many problems and an unfixable 65-75 mph vibration.
What did the dealer say when you showed them?
That should be under warranty if it is a defect

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t think it’s a defect, but it might be under warranty. I haven’t asked my dealer (bought at another far-away dealer). Just putting up with it for now, and several other more important issues. FYI, no this can’t be brushed out. The faux suede is actually damaged.
Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Grey
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can help you with that. Let's swap our Palisades. Mine is Limited and has a gorgeous headliner that is normal and doesn't have that horrible suede mess with fingertips all over it. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy it has the same horrible looking headliner, apparently there are a few ignorant people who make light of the fact that you spend the money and have a headliner that frankly looks like shit.
it looked kinda nice until it got into the light, mine looks just like yours, horrible

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought the Limited instead of the Calligraphy specifically because of the headliner. The headliner makes the ceiling look a mess, kind of like a 70s shag wagon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
By "complete mess", is it damaged or ill fitting or you just don't like it?

·
Registered
687 Posts
many luxury makes use this faux suede type material not just for headliners, but in the seats, dash and steering wheel.
Get a horsehair brush, like one used to polish shoes, and use that to brush the headliner to get rid of unsightly lines. Anyone who has stains on their headliners need to tell their kids or others to stop touching it! yeah, it's soft and it can be fun to run fingers across it, so kids are tempted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We sat in a 2022 Calligraphy at the dealer while we were putting the deposit on our 2023. My husband and I both immediately noticed the headliner. It had finger lines all over it. We swiped most of them away, but that would be a pain to have to "brush" your headliner everytime kids or passengers touch it.
We are hoping the 2023 will have a different liner!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts