Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put a Deposit on a Graphite Steel with black interior FWD Limited. Hope to have it this week. I'm thrilled with the Tech and the vehicle so far. Any test drive tips? I'll pay attention the wind noise and the vibration at 65-75. what else should I look out for?
Thanks.
Jess

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new Telluride! I'd be interested to see what kind of mileage you're getting with the FWD version.
I think you mean Palisade :) so far mileage has been in the high teens but a lot of around town and some slightly spirited driving plus a bunch of time sitting idling trying to figure out everything. I'll update when I have some useful data but I don't track fuel efficiency neurotically. So far no problems. Initial quality seems very good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think you mean Palisade :) so far mileage has been in the high teens but a lot of around town and some slightly spirited driving plus a bunch of time sitting idling trying to figure out everything. I'll update when I have some useful data but I don't track fuel efficiency neurotically. So far no problems. Initial quality seems very good.
Oh man I really botched that, I don't know what I was thinking lol. Congrats on your PALISADE 😅. For that kind of driving the high teens does seem to be par for the course. Looking forward to seeing your updates!

·
Registered
91 Posts
We're getting 24mpg in mixed driving. We've also seen over 30mpg on steady state driving using intelligent cruise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at the explorer, pilot, Ascent, Telluride, Highlander etc. I got rid of a 2018 Odyssey because it was problematic. The transmission had a hard shift and the infotainment screen would reboot almost every time we drove it which would cut out the radio, Android auto and backup camera. The pilot had the same infotainment system and transmission. I used to be a Honda loyalist but that was the last one for me. The dealership couldn't fix it and corporate Honda was not helpful at all. Look it up there is a class action suit against them for the same issues. I decided to just cut bait and switch cars.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I looked at the explorer, pilot, Ascent, Telluride, Highlander etc. I got rid of a 2018 Odyssey because it was problematic. The transmission had a hard shift and the infotainment screen would reboot almost every time we drove it which would cut out the radio, Android auto and backup camera. The pilot had the same infotainment system and transmission. I used to be a Honda loyalist but that was the last one for me. The dealership couldn't fix it and corporate Honda was not helpful at all. Look it up there is a class action suit against them for the same issues. I decided to just cut bait and switch cars.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Honda. I'm surprised their customer service was that bad. Can't say I blame you for wanting to switch to a different brand.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Honda's issues with their 9 speed transmission are well documented. C&D had theirs replaced on their long term Pilot. Honda is actually behind Hyundai and Kia in quality according to JDPower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup. This. They can't get by on reputation much longer. I considered the Pacifica but am biased towards FCA. Might be time to re-think that too. But can't do it yet. I feel out on a wire with the Hyundai but so far it's pretty good. Little loud on the highway. Some wind noise but not terrible. We'll see....

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love the Pacifica but my wife made it clear we won't be driving any minivans unless I want to replace my Z06. Nope. As for FCA, we've had very good luck:

2002 LHS 117K miles flawless
2006 PT Cruiser GT convertible 69K flawless (wife's)
2006 300C SRT8 40K miles flawless
2006 300C SRT8 125K miles flawless
2008 Caliber 151K miles, CV joints, alternator at 120K, no complaints (son's) just traded
2013 Grand Cherokee Overland 88K flawless (gave to daughter in law)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My latest was a Dodge Grand Caravan 2008 bought with 33,000 miles sold at 80,000. Not bad but the 3.8 burned oil and was a dog. I got rid of it because of age. Still, cheap miles but I never liked it, just tolerated it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts