Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am newish to the forum. I purchased a Palisade SEL and loving it so far. There is one thing that it has become an issue: my 3 year old loves pushing the button to fold the 2nd row seats and that messes up his car seat, which I have to readjust every time. Do you guys know if there's a way of disabling that feature? I read the manual but I do not see that as an option.

Also, I'd like to install a tow hitch, but I am not sure if I should do it with the dealership. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
No advice on the toddler issue, mine are thankfully older. A number of forum members, myself included, have gone with the Stealth Hitch. It's a little pricier, but since I'm coming up on my 1 yr anniversary, I've had the trailer hitch mounted twice, and the accessory hitch mounted 3-4 times in that year. I love that it is completely invisible when nothing is mounted. And the install is easy and straight forward, just need ramps and standard metric sockets and a ratchet. I did my install in about a hour, easier with a helper when it comes time to line it up and bolt it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't think you can disable it. I have not seen anything that would say you could and dont think it is electronic. May need to think outside the box like duct tape and a plastic piece to cover it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would definitely look into getting the Curt hitch and install locally. Mine gets installed next week at a local shop. $600 for the hitch, install, wiring harness, 4 to 7 pin converter, brake controller and wiring to the front for the brake controller.

·
Registered
53 Posts
One way to disable the folding seats is to disconnect the cable tension. I had my seat stop sliding one day and found the cable had popped out. There is a motor to fold forward and another to slide forward. They both pull a cable that is connected to the latching mechanisms. If you follow the cables, you'll notice the ends are just popped into a little metal bracket to provide tension. Once you pop them off that bracket, there is no tension and the motor will be unable to pull the cable, thus no seat movement.
See my post on this here

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am newish to the forum. I purchased a Palisade SEL and loving it so far. There is one thing that it has become an issue: my 3 year old loves pushing the button to fold the 2nd row seats and that messes up his car seat, which I have to readjust every time. Do you guys know if there's a way of disabling that feature? I read the manual but I do not see that as an option.

Also, I'd like to install a tow hitch, but I am not sure if I should do it with the dealership. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
No idea about the folding seat issue. I had the dealership install a Hyundai trailer hitch. Only because it was negotiated into the deal and before I read about the Curt hitches. I would go with the Curt hitch. Nicer appearance, easy to install, higher tongue weight rating. You pulling something with electric brakes or no brakes? Electric brakes would require adding a brake controller and I haven't found a place I want to install one. So I'm thinking of adding hydraulic surge brakes to my trailer instead of electric ones.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Had the same problem.Thankfully my son is a bit older so I was able to explain why he should stop, and he did.
I thought about black electrical tape though..... put it across the button. While it won't stop someone pushing hard, it might hide it just enough that he forgets about it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Those buttons are actually operable while the vehicle is in motion. It's a bit of a safety issue IMO, and we thought it would be an issue with our kids, but so far, no one even once has pressed the buttons. I don't know of a way to disable it other than what Nexxus described above.
As for the hitch, after seeing the Hyundai hitch, I cancelled it at the dealer and went with the Curt. It's very snug and no clearance issues. Love the way it looks. $365 installed, not including any wiring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I'll order the Curt and see how it goes. Will upload pics of the result.

Cheers!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not that I have plans to disconnect the seat lines/button...that is good to know in the event it becomes an issue. Side note, I have a the Hyundai hitch. Got the part zinc coated and painted in the color of the car. Because it is the same color as the car, I like how much of the hitch shows.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
I also have the Hyundai hitch. I wish I would've not had it added to the deal and gone with the Curt. The factory one isn't butt ugly but the Curt is less obtrusive. Not to mention cheaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts