Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently bought the 2020 Palisade which we love but... after driving it we started to smell a strong burning smell. The smell was so strong that even our children began to notice. We stopped the car to check it out and took the vehicle in. They said it was nothing just a brand new car. We had new cars before. I never experienced that. We took it for a second opinion and right away the mechanic smelled it. We took it back to the dealership but they keep giving us the run around with appointments. The car still smells like something is burning and it has more than enough miles on it. Is anyone else having this problem? Help..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, everything was checked. We are about 6 months in and the smell is persistent when the A/C is on and Especially when the heater is on even when it’s on low.

·
Super Moderator
330 Posts
Well i don't understand the dealer giving you the run around with appointments you have to make one to get a Tech to trouble shoot also can you smell this burning smell out side of your vehicle and a possibility it could be a very small oil leak dripping on hot exhaust or as mentioned small plastic bag rag caught in the exhaust I would if you are able to visually check your engine compartment and transmission for any obvious defects. I would suggest calling and making an appointment to get it looked at.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We recently bought the 2020 Palisade which we love but... after driving it we started to smell a strong burning smell. The smell was so strong that even our children began to notice. We stopped the car to check it out and took the vehicle in. They said it was nothing just a brand new car. We had new cars before. I never experienced that. We took it for a second opinion and right away the mechanic smelled it. We took it back to the dealership but they keep giving us the run around with appointments. The car still smells like something is burning and it has more than enough miles on it. Is anyone else having this problem? Help..
I had a burning smell when I first got the Palisade, it goes away. I have experienced the burning smell with several new cars, it's common.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts