Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For $70 does this provide your car any real protection or is this just like the snake oil they used to sell like rustproofing the undercarriage or glass etching. I think for $300 there was something of value they might have come up with but for $70, which means the real cost is about $15, I can't imagine this is anything more than a bumper sticker. You folks that got this either because you wanted it or it was just on the vehicle, does it have any real value?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it not just 3m protection tape shaped to look nice? Buy a roll off amazon and cut and shape on a flat surface then fit yourself. It’s simple to do .

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Palisade did not come with the bumper applique, but one on the lot had one. It seemed quite useless. The Palisade rear bumber does not extend out very far to even give much surface area to scuff the paint and the apllique, although useful on many vehicles, seemed to be very limited in is effectiveness on the Palisade.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In and around big cities (I live near NYC) lots of folks have a thick rubber apron that hangs down from the back of the deck lid. It is a protection against damage from the inevitable bumps that come from living in a world where parallel parking is a daily occurance. Where I live I rarely parallel park and as of result I stink at it now just like Meadow Soprano.

·
Registered
815 Posts
In and around big cities (I live near NYC) lots of folks have a thick rubber apron that hangs down from the back of the deck lid. It is a protection against damage from the inevitable bumps that come from living in a world where parallel parking is a daily occurance. Where I live I rarely parallel park and as of result I stink at it now just like Meadow Soprano.
The applique on the Palisade is there to protect the top of the bumper from scratches when sliding things in and out of the vehicle. Offers nothing in the way of protection against parallel parkers bumping you.

I got it because it was on the vehicle already. I don't think it's worth paying for otherwise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was part of a "package" on mine. No doubt that I was taken big time on this package -- shame on me of course. This applique (nice name for a bit of tape) is absolutely useless to man nor beast !

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Hyundai part is pretty much useless, just like the Lexus applique on my old LS. When I bought the Weathertech cargo liner I included the optional bumper protector. Provides much better protection and can be rolled up and stored in the storage compartment.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If it was an included factory option on your car then you had no choice but to buy it. Yup, great profit maker for Hyundai and the dealers.
Factory charges 120 for splash guards but we can buy oem ones on eBay for less than 30 dollars delivered and they take 15 minutes to easily install.

I got my front end wrapped in PPF and the installer included a “bumper appliqué” and door edge guards for no charge (I had told him I didn’t need them but he still did it).

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
165 Posts
It helps for me. I've had it on my Tucson and picked the Palisade that has it. I have 2 German Shepherds who jump in the back. They have huge paws and nails. There were plenty of occasions where they scuffed the applique. If it wouldn't be there then it would most likely result in scratches on the paint.

·
Super Moderator
932 Posts
I think mine works pretty good, Maybe my dealer put something different from others.
It is listed a rear bumper protector. It is a nice thick rubber or flexible Urethane maybe
DSC02171.JPG
DSC02171.JPG
DSC02172.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts