Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when my wife and I both get in the car with the keys, it seems to "prefer" her key. When I drop her off and continue on, it says the key is missing, even though I have it in my pocket. When I get to my destination, it emits a loud audible warning that the key is missing when you go to get out.

To fix, you have to get out of the car (with it blaring), get back in... start the engine, stop the engine. Then, you can get on your merry way.

It's not the end of the world, but it's quite annoying.

In addition, related to the FOBs, in my old 7-year-old Touareg, if you programmed a seat position with that FOB, it remembered. The Palisade is always assuming it's her (she's a lot shorter than me, and slams me into the steering wheel). I have to hit the button for position 2 to get it to stop and set itself to the correct position. This happens even if she's not in the car, and her FOB is nowhere near the vehicle.

Am I doing something wrong in these cases? Or, is this just programming problems?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I posted elsewhere about a time i forgot my key and i dropped my wife and her key to the train and was happy for the warning. I suppose i have noticed the issue partially the warning sound. I don’t worry about it. I believe if your the driver you could do remote start with your fob. You can also try passing your key/fob over the Start button instead of getting out. Others may have more experienc.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Trade keys with wife but don't tell her about the problem.
Now that wasn't nice was it?

If this keeps happening go to dealership see if they can help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts