Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
374 Posts
USB. Better quality sound. No hassle with getting your phone to connect. You can have quite a lot of MP3s without bogging down the startup. I'm using a low profile 64gb 3.1 USB stick. I like that it sub-divides by folder so I just have His/ Hers/ Travel/ Books/ Oldies/ Comedy/ etc.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy AWD (Hyper White)(Black Interior)
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
USB. Better quality sound. No hassle with getting your phone to connect. You can have quite a lot of MP3s without bogging down the startup. I'm using a low profile 64gb 3.1 USB stick. I like that it sub-divides by folder so I just have His/ Hers/ Travel/ Books/ Oldies/ Comedy/ etc.
When you put music on a USB does it separate the music according to artist and albums or does it just list all your music alphabetically or do you have to do that manually? Are you able to shuffle your music within the different folders?

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
374 Posts
When you put music on a USB does it separate the music according to artist and albums or does it just list all your music alphabetically or do you have to do that manually?
Sorts in alphabetic by file name, I think.

Are you able to shuffle your music within the different folders?
You can shuffle all music or by folder.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy AWD (Hyper White)(Black Interior)
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The majority of my music is Apple Music…..how do you get it from iTunes to a USB stick……and does it still show the album cover when playing from a USB stick?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bluetooth. Easier to find songs on phone. Don't like an USB drive sticking out in the cup holder area where u can easily break it. Phone connects automatically when I start the car so it's not a hassle as far as connection is concern.

I use spotify so that's just make sense to do it through Bluetooth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you put music on a USB does it separate the music according to artist and albums or does it just list all your music alphabetically or do you have to do that manually? Are you able to shuffle your music within the different folders?
My music is in iTunes, as well. With iTunes, the music is stored in folders by artist/album. Also, music files have additional file properties that include the artist, album, etc. It appears that the system uses this information to display by album or artist.
My experience is that standard iTunes storage format (AAC) isn't supported by the Palisade's audio system. I had to convert them all to MP3. You can do this in iTunes. Others might know of other ways to do this as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hands down USB using a lossless technology such as WAV or FLAC has greater fidelity, more detail and better dynamic range.
100% the truth. I just learned about FLAC files a few months ago. I've spent many a hours since then ripping CD's and adding them to Plex.

Even my kids can tell a difference between a 320 kbps MP3 vs a FLAC file.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which one do you use or prefer….and why?
My iPhone connected via USB and CarPlay. I download my songs locally on my phone through Apple Music and set it so it saves them in a lossless format. You get the best sound quality that way and you're still able to use Apple Music and all your playlists. Go to Settings -> Music -> Audio Quality -> Downloads -> Set to "High-Res Lossless"

·
Registered
75 Posts
My iPhone connected via USB and CarPlay. I download my songs locally on my phone through Apple Music and set it so it saves them in a lossless format. You get the best sound quality that way and you're still able to use Apple Music and all your playlists. Go to Settings -> Music -> Audio Quality -> Downloads -> Set to "High-Res Lossless"
If you are listening to your music with CarPlay running (e.g. selecting music on the infotainment using CarPlay vs Palisade's media browser), then your phone is transmitting the music over Bluetooth, and not the wired connection. AFAIK, most of the fidelity-loss comes from limitations of BT transmissions more than the file format.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bluetooth via Android Auto. I switched from owning music on iTunes to renting it on Spotify a few years ago and can't bring myself to go back. It was just taking too much time to organize my media collection and transfer it to other devices when I wanted to listen to it away from my computer or phone.

I have my most listened-to playlists on Spotify downloaded to my phone (when network data isn't available), and connect via Wireless Android Auto (so no messing with cables). The difference in music quality is noticeable, but not big enough to want me to switch.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If you are listening to your music with CarPlay running (e.g. selecting music on the infotainment using CarPlay vs Palisade's media browser), then your phone is transmitting the music over Bluetooth, and not the wired connection. AFAIK, most of the fidelity-loss comes from limitations of BT transmissions more than the file format.
You’re incorrect. CarPlay (and Android Auto) use either the wired connection (on models with navigation) or wireless over WiFi (on models without nav). CP and AA, which is “phone projection”, require WiFi. Bluetooth does not offer enough bandwidth. You can get lossless audio that way.

That is not the same thing as simply playing musing over Bluetooth, without using CarPlay or Android Auto, which would indeed be lossy, which Bluetooth is by nature.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You’re incorrect. CarPlay (and Android Auto) use either the wired connection (on models with navigation) or wireless over WiFi (on models without nav). CP and AA, which is “phone projection”, require WiFi. Bluetooth does not offer enough bandwidth. You can get lossless audio that way.

That is not the same thing as simply playing musing over Bluetooth, without using CarPlay or Android Auto, which would indeed be lossy, which Bluetooth is by nature.
Ahh ok, thanks. I knew both AA and Carplay required Bluetooth connections even the phone is physically connected and thought it was for all audio (with the video feed going over the USB cable). Looks like Bluetooth is only used for calls, but not music or other media

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ahh ok, thanks. I knew both AA and Carplay required Bluetooth connections even the phone is physically connected and thought it was for all audio (with the video feed going over the USB cable). Looks like Bluetooth is only used for calls, but not music or other media
No, AA and CP do not require Bluetooth at all, even for calls. In fact, if you look closely at your infotainment system, you’ll see Bluetooth disconnect when CP/AA become active (assuming you’ve paired your phone for Bluetooth when not using AA/CP). There is no Bluetooth at all for CP/AA, except during the initial handshake (and even then, only on the wireless version).

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
393 Posts
I don't know by which route the music on my iphone that's in my pocket gets projected to the cars speakers.. but there are two methods. Most times it's through carplay.. but there are times when the carplay disengages and switches seamlessly to ?? (bluetooth).. the most apparent difference is a much lower volume.

Too much magic for me to figure out, just grateful/impressed it works.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts