Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So playing with the BlueLink app, it appears there’s a feature that allows you to view your surround view camera on the app remotely. However when I try and use it, it claims I don’t have an active subscription. As I just bought the car, the app claims I have an active subscription to everything.

Anyone know how to use this feature?

· Registered
2023 Calligraphy FWD; Moonlight Cloud, Black Interior
94 Posts
I’m having the same issue.

· Registered
150 Posts
So playing with the BlueLink app, it appears there’s a feature that allows you to view your surround view camera on the app remotely. However when I try and use it, it claims I don’t have an active subscription. As I just bought the car, the app claims I have an active subscription to everything.

Anyone know how to use this feature?
My Bluelink app now seems to be working okay for capturing surround view camera "snapshots" from my recently purchased 2023 Calligraphy here in Canuckland. However, that feature (among others) wasn't even available immediately after purchasing the new vehicle. Apparently some new Bluelink features require updating and/or correction of any account that was previously used with a different (older) Palisade and that can only be done by the Bluelink customer services people themselves. It requires opening a "case file" with them to which they assign a follow-up ID number. If you think that might apply to your situation, details of my own experience are outlined here.

· Registered
150 Posts
Could u explain where is this "feature" in the bluelink app? And is this only applicable to the 2023s or also on the older models?
It will only be available for Hyundai vehicles (trims and MYs) that are equipped to handle it. In the mobile app (not the Bluelink web site) click "Utilities" in the lower left corner to pop up a menu that includes "Surround View Monitor" as one selection item if it's available for your vehicle.

· Registered
150 Posts
I'm not really sure how Hyundai / Bluelink themselves classify it. To me, it seems more of a mere "gimmick" than anything like a real security feature. I suppose it might possibly be handy in lieu of a dashcam for some situations, but mobile access "snapshot" usefulness seems to me quite limited for most purposes. That is not to disparage surround view itself which certainly can be helpful in avoiding parking hazards, et cetera.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not really sure how Hyundai / Bluelink themselves classify it. To me, it seems more of a mere "gimmick" than anything like a real security feature. I suppose it might possibly be handy in lieu of a dashcam for some situations, but mobile access "snapshot" usefulness seems to me quite limited for most purposes. That is not to disparage surround view itself which certainly can be helpful in avoiding parking hazards, et cetera.
It’s like having 4 remote security cameras outside.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I won't dispute your own assessment of its usefulness. For me, however, I some serious difficulty considering a remotely triggered "on demand" snapshot as being comparable to the truly useful functionality of one or more real time continuous or motion activated security cameras.
It’s probably more of a gimmick, but you can check and see the security situation around your car before you walk out to it. Or see if it got towed. Or check if it’s raining. It’s a cool party trick.
I’m not sure when I’d use remote parking but it’s cool

· Registered
2023 Calligraphy FWD; Moonlight Cloud, Black Interior
94 Posts
Mine is still not working. Purchased 9/17; activated Bluelink x3 on 9/17. It took one week, two case numbers, and multiple re-enrollments to get my Bluelink App / remote start features to be active and just yesterday the wifi hotspot says it can be activated. I still cannot get the surround view monitor to work in my app.

· Registered
72 Posts
Might be tremendously useful... for what though I'm not sure. btw- I am in the same camp of 'feature not avail with your subscription status'

Could potentially be something specific for Korea... because it references the mirrors opening to take the pics.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Might be tremendously useful... for what though I'm not sure. btw- I am in the same camp of 'feature not avail with your subscription status'

Could potentially be something specific for Korea... because it references the mirrors opening to take the pics.
Mine is currently in the shop. I just realized it would be helpful to know if it’s finished or not which I would be able to tell by a camera screenshot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts