Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bluelink expired a month ago and using the nav is now a nightmare (I believe they are related). The only way to find addresses while driving is to use the voice control. I use the command 'find XYZ' and much of the time it can't find squat and makes me choose a category, which just lists everything nearby in that category.

I'm in Dallas and did some test searching for very common chain business such as: great clips, rosa's cafe, 7-11, jason's deli, scotty P's, tom thumb, tractor supply co. None of those return a result. I speak with perfect clarity and zero accent. So I must pull over and park the vehicle, manually type those stores into the nav, and then they popup. They are already in the database, so why can't it recognize my command?!

My backup in this situation is to use Android auto. But that sucks too because it will start throwing connection errors at random times. Could be 1 minute, could be 15 mins. It makes it utterly useless as well. I've ordered a diff cable to see if that solves the connection issue.

I'm probably in the minority regarding bluelink subscription lapses (I was one of the first customers in the area), but has anyone else experienced these issues?

I will close with some test stores that voice nav DID find for me: pizza hut, mcdonalds, target, burger king, taco bell, mcalisters, verizon, subway, chickfila, panera, kroger, home depot, lowes, papa johns.

·
Registered
2023Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
562 Posts
I may be one of the few who thinks this way.....I love Bluelink. When it expires in 2 years, I will either renew it or Purchase another Truck with the subscription. I totally think it's worth having.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is a dirty tactic for Hyundai to use to get you into a subscription that is useless but helpful. I don't need Bluelink, I have it on my Santa Fe and Palisade and never use it, but if it is connected to the Nav. system then they now may have us by the 🥎🥎.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Calligraphy, Hyper White Exterior with Light Beige Interior
290 Posts
That is a dirty tactic for Hyundai to use to get you into a subscription that is useless but helpful. I don't need Bluelink, I have it on my Santa Fe and Palisade and never use it, but if it is connected to the Nav. system then they now may have us by the 🥎🥎.
i find it useful but think the price after the RE period I crazy.

·
Administrator
2,623 Posts
I use it for all our trips. Do all the routing adding stops and points of interest on the computer then sending them to the Palisade before starting.
Seldom have to enter any routing for the trip. live in Glendale.AZ so start car before going out in the summer. Really helpful with taking me
around congested areas.
It doesn't work for everyone, for me bluelink is great. I only lease a vehicle for 3 years so it's ideal. That doesn't work for everyone

·
Registered
63 Posts
Your issue has nothing to due with Bluelink being expired. Our 22' Calligraphy still has a subscription and 9 out of 10 times we need to key in the addresses. The voice recognition is just nowhere near as good as Siri.

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
451 Posts
Subscriptions seem to be the wave of the future. I can see the day.. just around the corner, where "ALL" those computer controlled features will be subscription based. Still want heated seats.. pony up with a subscription.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts