Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if you saw the latest update of the Bluelink App, but they just implemented a "Driving Score". This is similar to what insurance companies do with plugging a device into your OBDII port, monitor driving habits such as hard braking, time of driving, etc. and offers a discount based on safe driving.

Looking at the fine print, there is Data Sharing and Insurance Notification toggles advising you that you agree to share your driving data with insurance companies.

I know personally I absolutely do not want that, because that could potentially give them reason to try and increase my rates.

Just giving everyone a heads up about this and to make sure to disable it if you are not interested, because it is ON by default.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
Not sure if you saw the latest update of the Bluelink App, but they just implemented a "Driving Score". This is similar to what insurance companies do with plugging a device into your OBDII port, monitor driving habits such as hard braking, time of driving, etc. and offers a discount based on safe driving.

Looking at the fine print, there is Data Sharing and Insurance Notification toggles advising you that you agree to share your driving data with insurance companies.

I know personally I absolutely do not want that, because that could potentially give them reason to try and increase my rates.

Just giving everyone a heads up about this and to make sure to disable it if you are not interested, because it is ON by default.
Haha, I just looked and sure enough it was updated. But at least the sharing and insurance are disabled by default. My score was 55. Haven't really driven it very much though, however I let my newly 17 yr old drive it the other night home from his b-day dinner. He hasn't driven it at all and he was playing with sport mode, so the score this week makes sense, haha!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
198 Posts
What really hurts is you are dinged if you are above 80 mph. I quickly unchecked the box.😀

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, I just looked and sure enough it was updated. But at least the sharing and insurance are disabled by default. My score was 55. Haven't really driven it very much though, however I let my newly 17 yr old drive it the other night home from his b-day dinner. He hasn't driven it at all and he was playing with sport mode, so the score this week makes sense, haha!
Thats peculiar, because mine was selected ON by default!

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
What really hurts is you are dinged if you are above 80 mph. I quickly unchecked the box.😀
Yeah I would like to keep it on just for myself but if you disable "Data Sharing" then it turns off the score. Kinda BS to me.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
Thats peculiar, because mine was selected ON by default!
Yeah it was weird because when I went into MyHyundai, since it auto-directed me there, it was off. Then I went back to the app, and the Data Sharing was ON but Insurance was OFF. I turned off Data Sharing and score went away. But Data Sharing says only shared with Verisk and you need to turn on Insurance and select the ones you want. So yeah I have no idea what Verisk is at this point.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
I can't find the settings in the app. Where are they located?
There is a steering wheel icon on the main screen, towards top right of vehicle icon. Just click that. If no steering wheel icon, then maybe don't have the update yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a steering wheel icon on the main screen, towards top right of vehicle icon. Just click that. If no steering wheel icon, then maybe don't have the update yet.
This is in the MyHyundai app? I don't have anything like that (and I'm updated)

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
350 Posts
This is in the MyHyundai app? I don't have anything like that (and I'm updated)
This is mine, note the steering wheel. There was a score but I turned off Data Sharing. I see Version 4.3.2 and it's Android.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another reason to disable sharing is Buttigieg (Transportation Secretary) now is considering charging drivers a tax based on the miles driven.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Would’ve not noticed it if I didn’t see it in the monthly vehicle report. I disabled it also, the driving sections were okay except for the speed part . I believe it was yellow, if you drive the speed limit then you just hold every one up. Also if I am on an open stretch I like to open her up some every once in a while.😊

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
Another reason to be glad I opted for the SEL with just the Convenience Package.

·
Registered
106 Posts
the key is never have auto-update on for apps.
My Bluelink works fine without that update and drivingscore option - which is nonsense.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm from Canada and have not seen this app update yet. Regardless, it is definitely a big No for sharing that type of data. I think it's bad enough that our vehicles are already being used to provide information that may be used as evidence against us. Continued deterioration of our privacy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts