Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I activated Bluelink on my Palisade and unchecked the notifications for "Remote Door Lock/Unlock" under settings. The problem I have is that I still get door unlocked notifications even with the door notification unchecked. I notified Hyundai about the problem and am waiting for an answer from them. I keep my car in a locked garage, and I have to keep my car locked or else I get repeated notifications.

Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am still having the problem. Hyundai said that they were still working on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I activated Bluelink on my Palisade and unchecked the notifications for "Remote Door Lock/Unlock" under settings. The problem I have is that I still get door unlocked notifications even with the door notification unchecked. I notified Hyundai about the problem and am waiting for an answer from them. I keep my car in a locked garage, and I have to keep my car locked or else I get repeated notifications.

Anybody else have this problem?
I finally left Bluelink, so annoying with the notifications

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you uncheck the option in the app or on the website?
I did it on the website and it works just fine (for me).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just got my Palisade yesterday, and set up Bluelink through the dealer. When I got home and was putting stuff in the Palisade, opening/closing doors, I noticed I kept getting notifications about the doors being unlocked. WTH

Anyway, after looking through the Bluelink app on my iPhone, I figured out to go to settings --> Remote --> and uncheck "Vehicle Current Status Update" and those door notifications went away.

The "Remote Door Lock/Unlock" is still activated. I believe that will only be a notification that I used Bluelink to either lock or unlock the doors, which I do not use. I use the key fob, not Bluelink, to unlock and lock my doors (actually, I usually use the door handle button, as then I don't have to take the fob out of my pocket.)

I don't know what other notifications I might be missing out on, but I definitely do NOT want an alert every time I open one of my car doors. If you don't either, make sure to uncheck "Vehicle Current Status Update." Other than that, I'm glad to have 3 years of BlueLink included at no cost, but its more of a novelty for me, something I won't really use much, and certainly am not going to pay $30/month just to retain the service after 3 years.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just got my Palisade yesterday, and set up Bluelink through the dealer. When I got home and was putting stuff in the Palisade, opening/closing doors, I noticed I kept getting notifications about the doors being unlocked. WTH

Anyway, after looking through the Bluelink app on my iPhone, I figured out to go to settings --> Remote --> and uncheck "Vehicle Current Status Update" and those door notifications went away.

The "Remote Door Lock/Unlock" is still activated. I believe that will only be a notification that I used Bluelink to either lock or unlock the doors, which I do not use. I use the key fob, not Bluelink, to unlock and lock my doors (actually, I usually use the door handle button, as then I don't have to take the fob out of my pocket.)

I don't know what other notifications I might be missing out on, but I definitely do NOT want an alert every time I open one of my car doors. If you don't either, make sure to uncheck "Vehicle Current Status Update." Other than that, I'm glad to have 3 years of BlueLink included at no cost, but its more of a novelty for me, something I won't really use much, and certainly am not going to pay $30/month just to retain the service after 3 years.
Yep, that's the setting to disable to stop getting these notifications. They really need to geofence that feature.

One comment about paying for Blue Link after 3 years: the free map updates you get as part of the nav package are worth paying for the nav package alone ($10/month). Without it, map updates are $145 (at least, that's the cost for my 2012 Sonata). On the Palisade, it will also add HDA to more roads, which is worth considering. Sometimes they sneak in other updates, such as Bluetooth compatibility fixes... Etc. I think there are updates twice a year.

By the way, all those monthly prices are cheaper if you pay yearly.

·
Registered
389 Posts
One other comment regarding the post 3 year payment for Blue Link. You're essentially paying for Verizon Cellular service at around $10 a month for the car which facilitates various features that leverage the cellular service that's how a remote device communicates with your car.

-If you are only interested in remote start the one on the Key Fob works well. If you're interested any of the other features including the ones Eric mentions it would seem to be a relative bargain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts