Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 21 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Blue Link app will not allow the heated seats to turn on, all other heated feature do, steering wheel, defroster and mirrors on 2020 Palisade Limited and other models.
I have spoken with Customer Service - 855 225 8354 - and they stated this was not an option at this time and had no idea when it would be. Very surprising and very disappointing!
Time for owners to call an move this along...

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
The Blue Link app will not allow the heated seats to turn on, all other heated feature do, steering wheel, defroster and mirrors on 2020 Palisade Limited and other models.
I have spoken with Customer Service - 855 225 8354 - and they stated this was not an option at this time and had no idea when it would be. Very surprising and very disappointing!
Time for owners to call an move this along...
Yeah honestly this has been discussed alot lately, both on here and on the FB forums. Yes the app shows the seats but they are grayed out so not an option. When you click on the settings, you can also clearly see no seats are listed under heated features, only the steering wheel.

I'm curious if it's a US legality issue because I have never owned a car that allows seat warmers to be even on without detecting weight/pressure on the seat. However, according to others, their cars will turn on the seats without pressure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah honestly this has been discussed alot lately, both on here and on the FB forums. Yes the app shows the seats but they are grayed out so not an option. When you click on the settings, you can also clearly see no seats are listed under heated features, only the steering wheel.

I'm curious if it's a US legality issue because I have never owned a car that allows seat warmers to be even on without detecting weight/pressure on the seat. However, according to others, their cars will turn on the seats without pressure.
I have owned several cars that allow the seat heaters to be on with remote start.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
I have owned several cars that allow the seat heaters to be on with remote start.
Like I stated I don't know. Maybe depends how these seat heaters were installed. My last vehicle, they would only come on with someone in the seat. Maybe to prevent them from being on for a long period of time.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
Weren't there a bunch of seat heater lawsuits in the past? I could see why manufactures are disabling this but then I question the steering wheel. But I think the lawsuits were the seats were physically burning people, mainly those who were diabetic and couldn't feel the heat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting. I see that the seats are not even included in "heated features" in the remote start setup. While that does seem odd, I found the seats heat up quickly enough for me once I get in so I'm not too bothered.

On the conditions list, though, there are requirements for the remote start to execute. One is that the doors are locked. I tried to start with the doors unlocked and it wouldn't work, as noted. However, another requirement is that the "vehicle is in an open area." I just remotely started it in our rather snug garage. I figured that the system would use the cameras / sensors to decide whether or not the vehicle was in an enclosed space. I personally don't plan on using the remote starter too often myself, but I'd think that a remote start in a garage could be more problematic liability-wise than remotely starting the heated seats.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
Interesting. I see that the seats are not even included in "heated features" in the remote start setup. While that does seem odd, I found the seats heat up quickly enough for me once I get in so I'm not too bothered.

On the conditions list, though, there are requirements for the remote start to execute. One is that the doors are locked. I tried to start with the doors unlocked and it wouldn't work, as noted. However, another requirement is that the "vehicle is in an open area." I just remotely started it in our rather snug garage. I figured that the system would use the cameras / sensors to decide whether or not the vehicle was in an enclosed space. I personally don't plan on using the remote starter too often myself, but I'd think that a remote start in a garage could be more problematic liability-wise than remotely starting the heated seats.
Correct, not in the heated features section. But people see the seat icons on the top level page and think they should come on. However the seats are grayed out and to me that means not an option.

Agree on the garage, but probably just a general warning that people should use common sense and not start the vehicle inside a closed space. But also probably meaning that BlueLink needs LOS in order to communicate with the vehicle to start it and may not always work. I also figured out you must either lock the doors via the FOB or app to allow the remote start to work. For some reason, if you try locking the doors via the actual door lock button on the inside, the app remote start will fail. I tried this multiple times to test it and mine won't start that way. There is a blurb in the manual and I think that's what it's referring to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Earlier in the year (just a month or so ago, maybe two), my car would start with the heated seats and steering wheel on (as part of the "Heated Features", I think). As others has said now the heated seats aren't included or even an option. This must be something removed during an update to the app since I haven't updated head unit recently. This means it could added back in at some point by just an app update.

I'm guessing we can blame this one on the US legal system.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
Earlier in the year (just a month or so ago, maybe two), my car would start with the heated seats and steering wheel on (as part of the "Heated Features", I think). As others has said now the heated seats aren't included or even an option. This must be something removed during an update to the app since I haven't updated head unit recently. This means it could added back in at some point by just an app update.

I saw a FB post several weeks ago and they shared a pic of their app that looked completely different from mine. It did show heated seats on/off toggle underneath the heated features within the settings menu. They claimed theirs worked too. So for some reason it seems like the app did an update and possibly removed that feature.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

No, this isn't illegal. Also, it's never been possible on the Palisade.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
No, this isn't illegal. Also, it's never been possible on the Palisade.
Several have claimed on the FB forums that it has worked. In fact here is a screenshot showing the heated seats toggle on/off like I mentioned above. It's a different feature that I do not see on my app. I didn't buy mine until Oct so I assume it was an earlier app. But regardless this individual lived in the states and shared his app which absolutely looked different from mine. He did claim his seats came on with the remote start. But anyways here's the pic of his app which shows the "Seats".

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
Beg to differ.
Do you recall your app looking like what I posted with the add'l Seats feature?

But yeah I will never claim that's it was NEVER possible. How many have been sold and for how long??? If people state it worked previously then I have no reason to not believe them. Regarding legality, I have no idea.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've never had that feature on my Bluelink app, but I have only used it a couple of times to remote start my car. I'm close enough to use the key fob to remote start it in the morning.

Do you know for certain that the picture posted to FB was of the Palisade Bluelink app? Could that possibly be the Sonata? just wondering...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you recall your app looking like what I posted with the add'l Seats feature?

But yeah I will never claim that's it was NEVER possible. How many have been sold and for how long??? If people state it worked previously then I have no reason to not believe them. Regarding legality, I have no idea.
I believe at one time, "my" app had the option for seats. I can't be positive, though (no screenshot). I just know that I used "winter" remote start and when I got in, the seat and steering wheel heat was on. A few weeks later, seat heaters weren't on after a "winter" remote start and I checked the app and the option no longer existed.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
I've never had that feature on my Bluelink app, but I have only used it a couple of times to remote start my car. I'm close enough to use the key fob to remote start it in the morning.

Do you know for certain that the picture posted to FB was of the Palisade Bluelink app? Could that possibly be the Sonata? just wondering...
Claim was Palisade and it was posted in that forum but maybe done in error. But this is my first Hyundai too.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Several have claimed on the FB forums that it has worked. In fact here is a screenshot showing the heated seats toggle on/off like I mentioned above. It's a different feature that I do not see on my app. I didn't buy mine until Oct so I assume it was an earlier app. But regardless this individual lived in the states and shared his app which absolutely looked different from mine. He did claim his seats came on with the remote start. But anyways here's the pic of his app which shows the "Seats".

View attachment 2639
I said 'never' before because it's never been reported on forums (I don't do Facebook) and it's been asked for a billion times.

Now comes the fun part. I don't have the heated seats either. But I have driver preset buttons that are not showing in your screenshot. We had a thread about this a few months ago. Nobody else has reported seeing the driver preset buttons besides me so far. So maybe you get heated seats, maybe you get presets, maybe you get neither. Gotta love Hyundai.

See the driver preset buttons at the bottom:

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
107 Posts
I said 'never' before because it's never been reported on forums (I don't do Facebook) and it's been asked for a billion times.

Now comes the fun part. I don't have the heated seats either. But I have driver preset buttons that are not showing in your screenshot. We had a thread about this a few months ago. Nobody else has reported seeing the driver preset buttons besides me so far. So maybe you get heated seats, maybe you get presets, maybe you get neither. Gotta love Hyundai.

See the driver preset buttons at the bottom:
Haha, yeah I don't have the driver seat presets either! That's funny. App is up to date too. Did you do the latest software update in the vehicle?

And yes agree I know it's been discussed countless times and you should see the FB forums...people seriously need to learn to use the search function. And yeah only a few claim it works for them and then someone posted their version of the app, which was on Android too. I have Android as well and looks different but maybe they screwed up and it was a different Hyundai vehicle, who knows.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Haha, yeah I don't have the driver seat presets either! That's funny. App is up to date too. Did you do the latest software update in the vehicle?

And yes agree I know it's been discussed countless times and you should see the FB forums...people seriously need to learn to use the search function. And yeah only a few claim it works for them and then someone posted their version of the app, which was on Android too. I have Android as well and looks different but maybe they screwed up and it was a different Hyundai vehicle, who knows.
No, I haven't done the latest software update yet. Been pretty busy. When I do, I'll check to see if anything changed, but I doubt it.

And I'm staying as far away from FB as possible...

·
Registered
145 Posts
My wife has the App on an Android and I have it on an iPhone. Except for a minor color difference both look exactly the same with no heated seats listed at all. I don't see anyway to determine the version # of the App. Does anyone know how to find that?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just found the version of my iPhone all by going to the App store and it shows Version 4.2.40 introduced about 3 weeks ago. The first version for the Palisade per the History link was 4.0.19 introduced about 1 year ago. 4.2.40 5 months ago introduced the 4 Remote Start Presets. I don;t see anything that removed heated seats from the options.

1 - 21 of 38 Posts