Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand this has been a problem on many other cars to extent that some palisade buyers are going with black leather interiors for this reason.
However the light color has advantages in terms of looking roomier and looking more open.
I wonder what the views of others are and means to mitigate the problem other than not wearing jeans in the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that coating interfere with the ventilated seats, possibly plugging up the holes.?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wouldn’t think so unless you applied it very heavy handed or directly on the seats. Usually you apply it via an application pad. I’ve never done it myself but you can see some YouTube videos of the application process. Seems pretty straight forward. You could always check with your dealer to see if they have a coating service or a local detailing shop. I like the Simoniz system - although expensive it comes with lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I understand this has been a problem on many other cars to extent that some palisade buyers are going with black leather interiors for this reason.
However the light color has advantages in terms of looking roomier and looking more open.
I wonder what the views of others are and means to mitigate the problem other than not wearing jeans in the car.
I am also wondering what other solutions there are. I've seen some advice to wash the jeans a few times if they are brand new. Any owners with beige seats experiencing this issue?
I do agree about it looking more spacious with lighter seats.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hopefully the coatings like Meto suggested work. I had a dark grey leather interior in an 2008 Acadia I liked a lot but switched to very light grey leather in a 2014 Highlander... and ended up with tons of blue jean dye on the edges of the seats and it never quite would come off. That's a big reason we got the dark grey leather interior in our 2020 Palisade Limited AWD.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wonder what it depends on mainly. Quality of jeans? How many times they've been washed? Quality of leather? Duration of trip? I've had my Acura TL for 6 years with beige seats, wear jeans frequently in it, and never had any issues whatsoever. My wife was all set with beige, but is now a bit torn strictly because of the blue dye issue. The car is on order so we can still change it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Using leather cleaner should also do the trick for dye stains. It's worked for me a couple of times with other cars I've owned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased seat covers on line for my Genesis. You can match almost any color. The real seats look brand new! 2015 Genesis

·
Registered
8 Posts
Although the tan interior does look incredible, we will be going with the black interior. I would be worried about using cleaner/sealer on the ventilated seats and clogging the holes over time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I purchased seat covers on line for my Genesis. You can match almost any color. The real seats look brand new! 2015 Genesis
Though somewhat defeats the benefits of ventilated and heated seats, especially ventilated. And you've paid all that money for those gorgeous nappa leather seats and the cover them up ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts