·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
444 Posts
I bought a handheld leaf blower from Lowes for under $40.00 and it has a LOT of power....
I use the leaf blower too, with great power comes great chance of debris flying on the car, gotta be careful with that. I would consider something like this if it was also capable of blowing hot air.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's calling my name since I am going to start washing my car by hand, instead of heading to my not so local car wash.

I thought I saw warm air.....I will have to read in more detail.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the fact that it's on wheels, retractable power cord. The only negative for me is the horsepower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@R!CK I have the larger Adams Air Cannon Dryer. Worth every penny and is really powerful for its size. Favorite part is the hose extending and retracting as the dryer is on or off. Only thing I would say is that any form of air drying is only going to be effective if you have a coating on your vehicle. I have a ceramic coating on my Palisade so the water extremely quick to glide off. Drying off the entire vehicle top to bottom only takes me about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks raamisali. Yes I will be doing a full CarPro CQ UK 3.0 treatment as soon as I can. I put a coat of Megular's ceramic gel on it when i first got it. It is holding up much better than I thought it would with normal maintenance. I towel dry but I'm interested in blowing out the water in the seams and the residual drops that tend to cling under the trim, mirrors and spoiler and cause streaks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah it's pretty crazy on how affordable and durable the over the counter spray sealants and waxes have become. I used Turtle Wax's Seal and Shine on the wife's RDX and even after 6 months it is still holding up really well. The blower works just as good on her vehicle.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks raamisali. Yes I will be doing a full CarPro CQ UK 3.0 treatment as soon as I can. I put a coat of Megular's ceramic gel on it when i first got it. It is holding up much better than I thought it would with normal maintenance. I towel dry but I'm interested in blowing out the water in the seams and the residual drops that tend to cling under the trim, mirrors and spoiler and cause streaks.
I would strongly recommend CarPro CQ UK 3, that's what I got on my Pali and it looks beautiful. I use the air blower on low setting to get the water out of the trim/crevices (especially on windows, Mirrors and Rear hatch).

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like the fact that it's on wheels, retractable power cord. The only negative for me is the horsepower.
Good morning, I took a look at the Adams motor spec, it’s 1544 watts which is 2 hp. This is the most that a 15 amp, 120V household electr circuit can handle. The link for the unit you provided, provides no exact specs for the motor. A 5 hp electric motor will require going to 240 volt circuit. Just looking at the unit, it looks very similar to the adams, however with less features. There is no way this unit makes 5 hp, and with the lack of specs for the motor I would personally IMHO stay away from the product and purchase the Adams.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright! So you're ready to take a closer look at this car dryer. The BLO Car Dryer AIR-GT is one of the most feature-packed and powerful tools on the market. It uses a dual motor power plant that runs on 110 volts of electricity through a minimum of a 15 amp fuse

·
Registered
7 Posts
When it comes to a fully coated vehicle (in my experience) you really don't need that much power to get the water off the surface. As I stated above I have the larger Adams Air Cannon Dryer and I only use it with the air speed set to medium.

·
Registered
444 Posts
When it comes to a fully coated vehicle (in my experience) you really don't need that much power to get the water off the surface. As I stated above I have the larger Adams Air Cannon Dryer and I only use it with the air speed set to medium.
Agreed, the water will slide off the sheet metal, the dryer/blower will come handy for the hard to reach crevices.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
669 Posts
For the price of those blowers, I'll just stick with hand drying it with my Absorber towel. Takes me less than 10 minutes to dry it with that.

·
Registered
444 Posts
For the price of those blowers, I'll just stick with hand drying it with my Absorber towel. Takes me less than 10 minutes to dry it with that.
I. Hear you and I do the same, however when I go back to the car 10 minutes after the drying, I see the streaks of water and that drives me nuts. For me, this is where the big promise of these blowers is.

The streaks are mostly by the mirrors and rear hatch (occasionally by the handles on the doors)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts